Never let societal norms change your mind – Praveenar Singh Thakral

webfact

90300550-488A-45BA-8E46-8BA222AAD249.jpg

“I think Miss Universe is a platform on which a woman can showcase their talents and inspire young women around the world, and that really inspires me to be better. It doesn’t matter if I’m married, divorced or with a child. I can show my talents regardless of my marital status.”

First time as a married woman

When it comes to beauty pageants, most competitions, including Miss Universe, have always been restricted to single women. This will no longer be the case, as the Miss Universe Organisation has made a historical change to its rules to allow married women and mothers to compete.

CA1427F7-8FB8-4BD0-8FA9-CE65D799226F-600x400.jpg

Image Courtesy: Praveenar Singh Thakral / MUT Phuket

Upon learning of the announcement, Praveenar Singh Thakral decided to compete again, as a married woman, with hopes of inspiring other women to follow their dreams, regardless of their marital status. In fact, her husband was the first to tell her about the changes and fully supports her entering Miss Universe Thailand 2023.

“I think that is such a wonderful thing,” she said. “It’s a step of inclusivity that shows that equality for women is real and it keeps happening every day. We are part of the society and, as individuals, we should make this society more inclusive for all women.”

By Nad Bunnag, Thai PBS World

Top Image Courtesy: Praveenar Singh Thakral / MUT Phuket

#news

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/never-let-societal-norms-change-your-mind-praveenar-singh-thakral/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-07-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Who is 'they' and what is it 'they just don't get?'

All those, including the Miss Universe Organisation, who don't understand that beauty pageants are all about nubility. Why would we want to look at some other bloke's wife?

Edited by Mr Derek
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:
1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Who is 'they' and what is it 'they just don't get?'

58 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

All those, including the Miss Universe Organisation, who don't understand that beauty pageants are all about nubility. Why would we want to look at some other bloke's wife?

Well I'm very pleased to read that 'they' at least have got themselves into the 21st century where equality has a place in this world.

When are you going to join us?

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Well I'm very pleased to read that 'they' at least have got themselves into the 21st century where equality has a place in this world.

When are you going to join us?

Seems that you've lost touch with human nature, or are in denial. The point about beauty pageants is that young ladies have a natural instinct to show themselves off. Note the crucial word 'instinct'. The reason for this is obvious to students of human behaviour. For a married woman to show herself off in the same way would imply that she is 'in the market'.  

By the way, equality has to be earned, not given away, or else the entire scaffold of human civilisation will come crashing down. Try thinking these things through before you start pulling everything apart.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Mr Derek said:

It's their pageant, they can do whatever they want with it.

You and your Kleenex can go somewhere else.

Enjoy yourself.......

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mr Derek said:

Why not just let them enter?  Then, if they aren't attractive enough to make it through the first round, so be it.

It's vacuous junk-food TV either way.

Or do you mean, even if it was a smoking-hot (married) 19-year-old, she should still not be allowed?

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1

Never let societal norms change your mind – Praveenar Singh Thakral

Preach it sister!  Don't let society hold you down and pen you in!  You too can enter a competition where you are judged solely by your looks (plus a ton of makeup)!  ????

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Preach it sister!  Don't let society hold you down and pen you in!  You too can enter a competition where you are judged solely by your looks (plus a ton of makeup)!  ????

Buffalo manure.

'The winner of the competition must be confident. She must understand the values of our brand and the responsibilities of the title. She must have the ability to articulate her ambition. A delegate should demonstrate authenticity, credibility and exhibit grace under pressure. The women who compete embody the modern, global aspiration for the potential within all women'.

https://www.missuniverse.com/copy-of-apply

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, webfact said:

90300550-488A-45BA-8E46-8BA222AAD249.jpg

“I think Miss Universe is a platform on which a woman can showcase their talents and inspire young women around the world, and that really inspires me to be better. It doesn’t matter if I’m married, divorced or with a child. I can show my talents regardless of my marital status.”

First time as a married woman

When it comes to beauty pageants, most competitions, including Miss Universe, have always been restricted to single women. This will no longer be the case, as the Miss Universe Organisation has made a historical change to its rules to allow married women and mothers to compete.

CA1427F7-8FB8-4BD0-8FA9-CE65D799226F-600x400.jpg

Image Courtesy: Praveenar Singh Thakral / MUT Phuket

Upon learning of the announcement, Praveenar Singh Thakral decided to compete again, as a married woman, with hopes of inspiring other women to follow their dreams, regardless of their marital status. In fact, her husband was the first to tell her about the changes and fully supports her entering Miss Universe Thailand 2023.

“I think that is such a wonderful thing,” she said. “It’s a step of inclusivity that shows that equality for women is real and it keeps happening every day. We are part of the society and, as individuals, we should make this society more inclusive for all women.”

By Nad Bunnag, Thai PBS World

Top Image Courtesy: Praveenar Singh Thakral / MUT Phuket

#news

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/never-let-societal-norms-change-your-mind-praveenar-singh-thakral/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-07-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

so....what are her talents again?