Hat Yai Bike Weekend

H2oDunc

The wife and I decided to give the Rocket its first outing 2 up down to the Hat Yai Ride for Peace bike weekend. Setting off the skies looked a little black and we knew we would be having a bit of rain soon. We got it sooner than we expected. It was the first run on the bike 2 up and loaded with luggage. The bike performed beautifully. With the pre loads set up a couple of clicks the ride was excellent. Sat at 130-140 kph it was running a little over 3000rpm and the fuel economy was better than I expected. I was glad of buying some " Rain Off from the local car shop wjich is applied to either windscreen or visor. Tha rain just ran off as it said on the packet which meant even when raining I still had good visability and could keep up a good pace. The 500 odd km with a couple of stops taking 5 hours. The venue for the weekend was well signed and the Hotel in the center of town even had a map of how to get there. At a cost of 500 baht for me and 250 baht for the wife a bargain as well. For that you got a T shirt each, 5 free beers each and free food both nights.

The ride out on the Sat was very well organised with a stop off at a local orphanage on route. The wife wanted to take all the little ones home with us. A ride then across the water where we had lunch on the beach. It was then a ride back into town and a shower before the festivities later. The entertainmet on both nights was again excellent and the MC gave a run down in English as well as the Thai so we knew what was happening. All in al a very good, well organised weekend and met some really nice people. Congratulations to all who helped organise the event, A big thank you is in order. I think the weather put a few people off going but still a good turn out. Lets hope the ride for peace can bring some. Both the wife and I are looking forward to next year see you all there, Stay upright Dunc