Gmail Signing In.

NoshowJones

16 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Thanks I can get Gmail on my phone ok but it is getting a password, I have had about 8 so far. I am shut out of my desktop right now, the fault lies with Google.

It is very unlikely the fault lies with Google and a bit presumptious to say so when it is fairly obvious there is a lack of understanding on how it works. You are not shut out of your desktop, just not signed in to google.

The only password that counts is the latest valid passport and you must have one to be signed in on the phone. I have already indicated how you can find out what that password is.

9 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I just got on to gmail on my laptop by logging on to Chrome then gmail, but this is on my laptop, not my desktop. I will try your link and see what happens. Thanks again.

You need to get your terminology correct to avoid confusion.

You are not "logging on" to Chrome. Chrome is a Google browser and in order to use it you must sign in to your google account and the password used is the same password as would be required for any other google service.

Once you are in Chrome, up in the top right hand corner is a square made from dots, click on that and you will see all the google services available and also access to your google account.

Anyone using google at all ought to have Chrome installed on their device, doesn't stop using the browser of choice, but the most convenient way of accessing the range of google services that are available.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

It is very unlikely the fault lies with Google and a bit presumptious to say so when it is fairly obvious there is a lack of understanding on how it works. You are not shut out of your desktop, just not signed in to google.

The only password that counts is the latest valid passport and you must have one to be signed in on the phone. I have already indicated how you can find out what that password is.

Yes but I am not computer savvy enough to find it. If I took my phone to a phone repair shop will they be able to recover the password? If so I will try and find the nearest one and go there. I live about 50Ks from the nearest city, I will find one there.

Howabout the OP changing his password on his smartphone first, then changing the password to the new one on the laptop and saving it before finally logging in with the new, working password on the desktop and saving it. ?

21 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Howabout the OP changing his password on his smartphone first, then changing the password to the new one on the laptop and saving it before finally logging in with the new, working password on the desktop and saving it. ?

That's a great idea, I have got gmail ok just now, if I get problems signing in again, that's what I will do, though I will need to find out how to change my password on my smartphone. Thanks.

On 7/8/2023 at 2:48 PM, NoshowJones said:

That's a great idea, I have got gmail ok just now, if I get problems signing in again, that's what I will do, though I will need to find out how to change my password on my smartphone. Thanks.

I went to the nearest "Advice" shop to my home and asked them to change my google account password on my smartphone. I used the translation on my phone to make sure they understood what I was asking as they cannot speak English. Two assistants spent over half an hour with my phone.

To cut a long story short they gave me a phone to speak to someone. I spoke to a lady whose English was very good. It ended with her telling me they blocked my account, after the assistant confirmed this I just picked up my phone and walked out.

I went home and tried to sign on to my account on my desk top and it was not blanked at all. so why was I told it was?

Two assistants and they were uncapable of changing my google account password.

On 7/10/2023 at 8:28 PM, 3NUMBAS said:

your pw    is in memory  of chrome   or firefox,   if you check them

Can you please tell me what you mean by "is in memory  of chrome"? I do not have Firefox.

On 7/7/2023 at 9:38 AM, sandyf said:

I know you have and it is much appreciated but I am not the most literate on a smartphone, I took it to an Advice shop and two assistants could not change my google password. So what chance do I have?

49 minutes ago, BenStark said:

You can not change password on any device without entering the current/active password first.

But what if you don't know what the current password is?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

But what if you don't know what the current password is?

Then you obviously can not change, unless you have registered a recovery email or phone number to which they can send recovery instructions

12 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Then you obviously can not change, unless you have registered a recovery email or phone number to which they can send recovery instructions

I do have a recovery email.

54 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I know you have and it is much appreciated but I am not the most literate on a smartphone, I took it to an Advice shop and two assistants could not change my google password. So what chance do I have?

I do not like smartphones and would never attempt to do anything with my google account on a phone, you should use your computer, the account is common. 

In a previous post you said you entered a password which was rejected, changed it a bit and it was accepted so you must have known your password. You cannot change the password without knowing the old password, there is a difference between change and recovery.

I mentioned before that unlikely a shop can help, it is very unlikely they have ever used the recovery procedure as that involves using personal information. Anyone faced with that is more likely to turn to someone they know rather than a shop.

If you really do not know your password then the only options are to follow the Google  Account recovery procedure as I mentioned before, or start again with a new account.

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

I do not like smartphones and would never attempt to do anything with my google account on a phone, you should use your computer, the account is common. 

In a previous post you said you entered a password which was rejected, changed it a bit and it was accepted so you must have known your password. You cannot change the password without knowing the old password, there is a difference between change and recovery.

I mentioned before that unlikely a shop can help, it is very unlikely they have ever used the recovery procedure as that involves using personal information. Anyone faced with that is more likely to turn to someone they know rather than a shop.

If you really do not know your password then the only options are to follow the Google  Account recovery procedure as I mentioned before, or start again with a new account.

The "Advice" shop through the lady on the phone speaking English, also said I should start again with a new account, I was going to, but she said I could not keep the same email address.

That would have been far too much trouble.

That seems to be everything fixed, I took my phone to the Samsung shop in Nakhon Sawan. They fixed it in 5 mins where the "Advice" shop could not fix it in almost an hour.

Thank you all for your input.