Online documentation upload for work extension

Sometime around mid-2022, I saw that for work permit extensions it was now possible to upload documentation to the immigration police in advance of the appointment date. They would then approve or disapprove the documents in advance.

This is hugely useful because refusals of extensions are almost always because of clerical errors completely unconnected to the farang applicant.

I'm unable to find on the immigration police website the link. Has anyone got it? Has anyone used it?

1 hour ago, Maestro said:

issue neither work permits nor work permit extensions

Correct.

They describe it as a 'visa extension' by proof of a valid work permit. I was sloppy in my wording. And arguably they are also sloppy with their wording.

Interestingly, the service is heavily plugged on the Immigration Police website. The "e-extension".

But as I said before, it is rather restrictive to who can use it. I would be keen to hear how it went for others.

Screenshot_20230705_093727_Opera.thumb.jpg.7a419485b4fbdc01c77ec1dfc380649f.jpg

I'm just bumping this because the silence is deafening.

I really want to hear some feedback on the use of the e-extension as I'm going to use it in the next couple of days. So, if you have ever used it, how did it go, how quick was it?

2 hours ago, DTiger said:

Deafening

You would think that people would be throwing themselves at this option-- getting all the documents approved without even attending Chaeng Wattana-- but instead all there is is silence.

I appreciate that most of the forum users retirees or aspirational retirees, and they are specifically excluded, but that still leaves a large number of others.

31 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

You would think that people would be throwing themselves at this option-- getting all the documents approved without even attending Chaeng Wattana-- but instead all there is is silence.

I appreciate that most of the forum users retirees or aspirational retirees, and they are specifically excluded, but that still leaves a large number of others.

Part of the reason is probably because the company often handles all the paperwork, and (if the company is using this service) they probably do not frequent this forum.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Gaccha said:

Hi Gaccha, I would have been very interested in this online extension option previously.  However, I switched to the LTR visa/digital work permit option when it became available last year.

You may be one of the first forum members to try this option.  If you get a chance, post details of how it goes here.  There are certainly other forum members this who will be interested. Some may not know the option exists.

I've found other forum members' comments invaluable in the past. I've tried to list direct experience with things like NonB e-visas and the LTR visa to try to help others who may not be retired, tourists, etc.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

the company often handles all the paperwork

I agree with you on this.

But they would have benefited from knowing. I guess they will find out eventually from somebody.

Even if the company handles things, as mine does, you still have to physically turn up yourself at chengwatana. 

This e-extension offers two advantages. It removes the absurd waste of time sitting around at chengwatana (even with an appointment last year it still took well over 5 hours), and ensures that some clerical error by the office does not result in having to attend twice.