Multiple Entry Non-Os for Retirement

Out of curiousity, are certain embassies/consulates issuing multi Non-O's on the basis of retirement any more? If so, where (and if possible, anything in particular is required at any embassy/consulate in order to get them)? 

• Like 1

One very interesting option is Savannakhet. Several people have successfully received multiple entry Non O (retirement) recently. Financial proof is required, of course. 800,000 baht in a Thai bank account is the easiest, but proof of the money in a bank elsewhere should also be acceptable. There do not seem to be any funds seasoning requirements.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Liquorice said:

UK only offer the single entry Non O.

Savannahket, Lao, as mentioned above with proof of the equivalent of 800,000 THB on deposit with any bank.

Since early this year you can apply for the 1-year Multiple Entry Non Imm O Visa by eVisa from the Thai Embassy in UK.

Attached a link to a post of an AN-member that successfully got hold of such Visa. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1286952-multiple-entry-non-o-london/#elControls_17910578_menu

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BritTim said:

One very interesting option is Savannakhet. Several people have successfully received multiple entry Non O (retirement) recently. Financial proof is required, of course. 800,000 baht in a Thai bank account is the easiest, but proof of the money in a bank elsewhere should also be acceptable. There do not seem to be any funds seasoning requirements.

Savannakhet are the best for so many easy visas that everyone else makes hard! The only drawbacks are no way to fly there, and you need an umbrella in the line no shade!

The tuk tuks can get you to the front of the line for 200thb. But you still have to wait until the gatekeeper arrives then you're sneaked in the side driveway. All the Chinese do it! 

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, BritTim said:

What about police and health checks?

I've only done the multi entry marriage visa here, and it's a piece of cake, can get 17 months out of it too! You have to download the form and have the paperwork it all perfect beforehand THB cash only too. They operate FAST there, get it wrong and you go back next day! 

5 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

What about police and health checks?

I've only done the multi entry marriage visa here, and it's a piece of cake, can get 17 months out of it too! You have to download the form and have the paperwork it all perfect beforehand THB cash only too. They operate FAST there, get it wrong and you go back next day! 

Did you read the OP? 

He was was asking about a ME Non O based on retirement.

Your post re based in marriage is completely irrelevant. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Did you read the OP? 

He was was asking about a ME Non O based on retirement.

Your post re based in marriage is completely irrelevant. 

I read the post. I was just offering related info, as I wish someone had told me years ago. 

A lot of my info is relevant and practical to either visa. 

Now, do you need the police and health checks and insurance for the Retirement Non O? Also, does it convert to extension of stay, or is it an annual pilgrimage?

Thank you. 

6 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

Now, do you need the police and health checks and insurance for the Retirement Non O?

No..

In any event the OP was not asking about applying for a non O based on retirement. 

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No..

In any event the OP was not asking about applying for a non O based on retirement. 

He said "Out of curiousity, are certain embassies/consulates issuing multi Non-O's on the basis of retirement any more?"

What am I missing? 

1 hour ago, chalawaan said:

Also, does it convert to extension of stay, or is it an annual pilgrimage?

You can optionally apply at immigration for an extension of your permission to stay from any of the entries from a multiple entry visa.

On 7/6/2023 at 5:05 PM, Red Phoenix said:

Since early this year you can apply for the 1-year Multiple Entry Non Imm O Visa by eVisa from the Thai Embassy in UK.

Attached a link to a post of an AN-member that successfully got hold of such Visa. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1286952-multiple-entry-non-o-london/#elControls_17910578_menu

I stand corrected, although only the single entry is listed on their website.

1 hour ago, Liquorice said:

I stand corrected, although only the single entry is listed on their website.

When you go through the application process there is a drop down menu option.

Single entry OR multiple. 

Cheers to everyone for the information. The fact that Savannakhet will likely issue them is handy. The family member considering moving over is US based but has friends in London he could visit and sort it there. 

Alternatively, if the Thai Embassy/Consulates in the US weren't issuing multi-Non O's on the online platform, he was then considering turning up on a visa exempt (or securing a tourist visa before leaving the US) and then could sort the multi non-O in Savannakhet. 

Are honorary consulates in the US, UK, or elsewhere in SE Asia issuing visas now post-COVID? Or official embassies/consulates and the e-visa platform the only options? 

15 minutes ago, CWA14 said:

Are honorary consulates in the US, UK, or elsewhere in SE Asia issuing visas now post-COVID? Or official embassies/consulates and the e-visa platform the only options? 

Not clear what you are asking.

Some countries ie UK have now moved to e-Visa for Thailand visa application.

Some countries ie Australia do not provide e-Visa option.

Some countries nearby Thailand eg Laos, Vietnam Cambodia etc etc you apply for visa at Thai consulate.

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Not clear what you are asking.

Some countries ie UK have now moved to e-Visa for Thailand visa application.

Some countries ie Australia do not provide e-Visa option.

Some countries nearby Thailand eg Laos, Vietnam Cambodia etc etc you apply for visa at Thai consulate.

Apologies for the confusion. 

Pre-COVID, many were able to get various Thai visas through Thai Honorary Consulates in the UK (e.g. Hull, Liverpool), the US (e.g Boston, Houston, Portland OR) and potentially elsewhere. Are these Thai Honorary Consulates issuing visas (post-COVID that is)? 

9 hours ago, CWA14 said:

Honorary Thai consulates in the UK are now, unfortunately, history. I have fond memories of using them, but they were too useful to survive. Even before they were finally extinguished, their ability to issue multiple entry visas had been removed.

At one time, there was an excellent honorary consulate in Bali. That is now gone.

I do not know the current status of the honorary consulates in the US, but suspect they are no longer able to issue visas. I suggest you contact one of them to enquire.