Malaysians Lead the Pack as Thailand Welcomes 13 Million International Tourists

Bangkok-Thailand-1-1024x683-1-630x420.jpg

Thailand has welcomed 13 million international tourists from the beginning of this year to June 25th, with Malaysian tourists spearheading the influx.

This remarkable number is considered a 63.5% increase compared to the pre-COVID-19 outbreak in 2019, according to the Ministry of Tourism and Sports.

It is also five times higher than the same period in 2022.

Among these arrivals, the top five countries, including Malaysia, China, India, South Korea, and Vietnam contribute to over 48.6%.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

#news

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/07/05/malaysians-lead-the-pack-as-thailand-welcomes-13-million-international-tourists/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-07-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Malaysian tourists spearheading the influx.

Unfortunately I spent time in Hat (Rat) Yai and watched its population soar at weekends as the Malays (all male) descended for Thailand's famed product: oats.

TAT evidently hasn't noticed that Thailand might be in the early stages of the worst drought in a very long time, with what looks like a very strong El Nino event ramping up. Maybe they should ask the tourists to bring their own water with them, lol. Or more likely they'll implement a 500 Baht 'shower tax' on arrival, the proceeds of which will be used to cushion the retirement funds of senior politicians against the effects of a bad drought. Whatever, if you don't even have enough water to grow rice or sugar cane then the wisdom of begging 30 or 40 million foreigners to come and use what little is left is doubtful.

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

Unfortunately I spent time in Hat (Rat) Yai and watched its population soar at weekends as the Malays (all male) descended for Thailand's famed product: oats.

I like Hat Yai.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bignok said:

They dont drink

Erm, that is precisely why I suggested that, as good  Muslims, they may feel free, albeit a bit guilty, about imbibing a glass or two of alcohol while here....

Sorry if it's confusing.

25 minutes ago, blazes said:

Erm, that is precisely why I suggested that, as good  Muslims, they may feel free, albeit a bit guilty, about imbibing a glass or two of alcohol while here....

Sorry if it's confusing.

Obviously you never been there and just making stuff up. Loads of Malays do bus tours to Songkhla to eat seafood, take photos. Then go home. They arent boozing.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, bignok said:

Obviously you never been there and just making stuff up. Loads of Malays do bus tours to Songkhla to eat seafood, take photos. Then go home. They arent boozing.

Equally obviously, you seem to lack entirely a sense of humour!

• Sad 1