Car interior headlining replacement ?

This week while driving to Rayong the headling in my Nissan XTrail has peeled and dropped on both sides of the windscreen. I had it cleaned at a MegaBangna Car Wash on Monday   and I suspect one of the cleaning materials  for either the lining or the windscreen screen along with the heat has dissolved the adhesive.  Despite both sides dropping at the same time they deny this is possible.  

Can anyone suggest a decent place where I can get this replaced in Eastern Bangkok, Bang Na, Samut Prakan Area -  or what the Thai search term for "car headlining replacement" would be?   I did a search on the forum but the last post on the subject is 2017.

Replacement might be exxy.

If it were mine I would find a Motor Trimmer and have them remove, recover and reinstall... would fairly cheap.

Might even be the Motor Trimmer can repair without removal.

Edited by Ralf001
  • Thumbs Up 2

Must be around 4 or 5 years ago, the same thing happened to my wife's Honda Accord.   Not unheard of, and the cause was attributed to Thailand's humidity levels, which as those of us who actually live here are aware, destroys adhesive (don't know how many pairs of my shoes have lost their soles because of this).

Honda dealer wasn't very helpful, but a shop that did seat and trim recovering were great.   They actually got hold of the exact same material (leather look alike) that Honda use on the door trims, and much better than the original.   A really professional job, you'd think is was the original installation.

Can't help with location as this is in Phuket, but I'm sure there will be something similar where you are.

20170926_165219.jpg

20171003_121908.jpg

20171003_121830.jpg