After 8 generations ! Now we are waving goodbye to the Ford Fiesta

I lived in Ukraine for some years.  I drove a Ford Fiesta all over the country and loved it.  Super fun driving the old highway between Yalta and Simferopol.   Standard transmission, front wheel drive.  Zippy, economical and surprisingly able to carry an expedition folding kayak and all the gear.  5 people if they were small.....

I brought a second hand one in Australia about 14 years ago. After comparing it with the Suzuki Swift, and a few other compacts, I got the Ford because it was slightly bigger (I could carry my outdoor gear), the fold back seats had metal backs (compared to the others), manual and the interior was more sporty  (reddish seats and highlights). It drove well and was reliable.

On 7/10/2023 at 8:23 AM, xeniv23 said:

I lived in Ukraine for some years.  I drove a Ford Fiesta all over the country and loved it.  Super fun driving the old highway between Yalta and Simferopol.   Standard transmission, front wheel drive.  Zippy, economical and surprisingly able to carry an expedition folding kayak and all the gear.  5 people if they were small.....

Seven if they were very small plus driver? image.jpeg.2a2f55f8a693345103e738641daead95.jpeg

• Haha 1

I am old enough to remember the Mk1 Fiesta being released back in 1976.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Fiesta_(first_generation)

The Ford Fiesta Mk1 is the first generation of the Ford Fiesta supermini. Originally introduced in 1976, it was Ford Europe's first multi-national front-wheel-drive automobile, and was available in both 3-door hatchback and panel van derivatives. In 1983, the Fiesta was updated, and the Fiesta Mk2 was introduced.

I can even remember the Morris mini being released back in 1959.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini

The Mini is a small, two-door, four-seat car, developed as ADO15, and produced by the British Motor Corporation (BMC) and its successors, from 1959 until 2000. Minus a brief hiatus, original Minis were built for four decades and sold during six, from the last year of the 1950s into the last year of the 20th century, over a single generation, as fastbacks, estates, and convertibles.

I now feel awfully old posting this.

13 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I am old enough to remember the Mk1 Fiesta being released back in 1976.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Fiesta_(first_generation)

The Ford Fiesta Mk1 is the first generation of the Ford Fiesta supermini. Originally introduced in 1976, it was Ford Europe's first multi-national front-wheel-drive automobile, and was available in both 3-door hatchback and panel van derivatives. In 1983, the Fiesta was updated, and the Fiesta Mk2 was introduced.

I can even remember the Morris mini being released back in 1959.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini

The Mini is a small, two-door, four-seat car, developed as ADO15, and produced by the British Motor Corporation (BMC) and its successors, from 1959 until 2000. Minus a brief hiatus, original Minis were built for four decades and sold during six, from the last year of the 1950s into the last year of the 20th century, over a single generation, as fastbacks, estates, and convertibles.

I now feel awfully old posting this.

I remember the 1968 Toyota Corona, a sign of things to come from the Japanese car industry.

Kidney, Anyone? 2274-Mile 1968 Toyota Corona RT52 Hardtop ...

• Like 1