Wireless microphone?

jil

If I have a Zoom meeting with someone else, I can hear the other person clearly also because I use a speaker, but the person at the other end doesn't hear me clearly enough.

Should the person at the other end do something about it, maybe use a speaker as well or can the problem also be fixed if I start to use a wireless microphone?

The sound coming out of the speaker will then go back into your microphone, causing distortion and echo.

Using a pair of headphones/microphone should clear that problem, wired or wireless. I use a pair of Bht200 wireless earbuds perfectly with my phone and PC.

ZOOM (and Whats App, Messenger, Skype etc) however usually needs a camera which can have the mic built in. Make sure you are using the headphone mic and not the camera one.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

So everyone has a speaker. You have a speaker and the person on the other end has a speaker. You both also have a microphone.

As  KannikaP said , one of the problems is feedback . The sound of your friends voice, coming out of your speaker but some of it going back into your microphone and being send back to your friend causing interference. Both your system and your friends system should have an acoustic echo cancellation . But perhaps it is not doing what it is supposed to do , I only have cursory knowledge of the issue.  So that might be one of the reasons.

This can be resolved as  KannikaP said by wearing headphones, So try that first because it is the easiest thing to do, 

A second  reason is that it is not a receiving error by your friend but rather a sending issue at your end. Perhaps your microphone has a problem. 

Finally, it might not be an error on either end, but and internet connection error. I have conversations with my sister in Europe where she can hear me clearly. but she is breaking up.  I usually hung up and call her again to see if I can get a better connection. I don't know exactly but perhaps the lines on her end are overworked, 

Anyway I am far from an expert on the subject, but this might start you thinking in the right direction. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

I use Behringer mixing console with FBQ Feedback Detection enabled. Using condenser microphone and studio speakers. The mixer removes any feedback and I never receive any complaints over the clarity. But I know, an overkill for Zoom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

I use Behringer mixing console with FBQ Feedback Detection enabled. Using condenser microphone and studio speakers. The mixer removes any feedback and I never receive any complaints over the clarity. But I know, an overkill for Zoom.

I use that also and work thru obs fory zoom meeting  I had trouble with a wired mic switched to headphone mic combo problem solved.  Wireless or wired is not the issue 

• Like 1