Opening Ganja shop

ezzra

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If he "took money for sales" he'd have to be working in the shop, not solely providing the capital, wouldn't he?

No..he dont have to work in the shop. He is just an investor getting the returns of his investment

• Haha 1

So many wrong comments about why open another shop with so many around already.

The secret of course is ro do it better and you're on a winner.

Being you know nothing about either the product or business model it's a definite no no for you.

On 7/11/2023 at 5:27 AM, ezzra said:

I was wondering what are pros and cons of such venture. 

A con is that if Pita is elected as PM, the ganja shops might disappear again; i.e. become illegal.

My personal view: Don't invest in that kind of business; there are already many, it require permissions and might not have the same attraction in the future, if still legal.

1 hour ago, JustAnOpinion said:
4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If he "took money for sales" he'd have to be working in the shop, not solely providing the capital, wouldn't he?

No..he dont have to work in the shop. He is just an investor getting the returns of his investment

Yes, I know, that's what I was saying!

On 7/11/2023 at 10:27 AM, ezzra said:

since i know nothing about this kind of business and not a user either, and that there're many shops in Pattaya

already, I was wondering what are pros and cons of such venture. 

The main con I see is why does the partner want to go into business with someone who knows nothing about the business?

On 7/11/2023 at 10:50 AM, scubascuba3 said:

So does your business plan show a demand for another shop?

this...i marvel on my daily bike rides at the amount of shops in old city and esp by tp gate   5 in a row  2 attached and 3 on other side all empty ....invest in what we really need.... another massage shop! ????  smh

If your part of the partnership is essentially the retail store, you're taking a disproportionate share of the risk. As a grower, his risk is primarily demand for his product, but on the retail store side you would be bearing the risk of the retail location failing as well as the regulatory risk and market demand risk for his product which both of you would be bearing.

Let's say both of you put up 50% of the capital for the enterprise. His 50% for the farming operation; your 50% for the retail operation. If the recreational cannabis market were to shrink or be subjected to increased regulatory controls, your Thai partner could theoretically still be able to sell his product on the black market or other distribution channels, so his farming investment could still generate revenue.  But if the shop were forced to be closed because of low demand or regulation, the retail operation would likely have to close and all of your investment would likely be lost or be sharply reduced in value. 

I'm just trying to make two points:

1) The two "partners" in the above scenario are not really bearing the business risk equally. One partner (you) are bearing more of the risk, and therefore you should be compensated for this higher level of risk, and 

(2) Unless you have an agreement with your partner that all of the investment risk (both farming and retail) will be shared equally between both of you, then you're not really entering into a true "partnership." He's not going to sell his cannabis operation to reimburse you for any losses you incur on your retail investment, is he? Aren't you really talking about two separate businesses?

Another thing to consider would be on what basis you would be dividing the profits? Based on your respective overhead costs? How much risk you're bearing? That's going to be changing from month to month, lots of opportunity for shady accounting, right? To me it sounds like a recipe for constant haggling, headache central. 

Plus with the regulatory horizon being so murky now I would take a pass.

Edited by Gecko123

On 7/11/2023 at 9:09 PM, CanadaSam said:

I laugh every time I see another ganga shop every 100 yards or so, like they're trying to compete with bars!!!

Mark my words, 80 percent of them will be bankrupt before the year is out, then you can buy a shop real cheap, if you want!!!

We Canadians know pot n grow pot. Boom Shankar. 

On 7/11/2023 at 9:09 PM, CanadaSam said:

I laugh every time I see another ganga shop every 100 yards or so, like they're trying to compete with bars!!!

Mark my words, 80 percent of them will be bankrupt before the year is out, then you can buy a shop real cheap, if you want!!!

Last night I went to a Ganga shop very close to my house, that is also a bar.  I took my own weed and smoked that in the bar, while drinking a bottle of water and listening to some excellent house music. 

Even better there was an attractive young Western woman in there, so I had some nice eye candy to look at too.

On 7/12/2023 at 6:43 AM, ezzra said:

The proposed offer came from a Thai guy i know for many years that has become a weed grower of a, according to him, high quality Ganja, he plans to open a shop in some large hotel on Pattaya's beach road that he know the owner, my part will be to invest the money to deck out said shop and nothing else,

but as many posters has advised, better wait to see where the new government is going and have a better business plan.

Even if you think you know this person well...it's Thailand and they will screw each other in a heartbeat.Word is already out that there will be a "clampdown" on these shops.You are wise to decline.Keep your money in the bank...otherwise you will lose ...guaranteed.

2 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Last night I went to a Ganga shop very close to my house, that is also a bar.  I took my own weed and smoked that in the bar, while drinking a bottle of water and listening to some excellent house music. 

Even better there was an attractive young Western woman in there, so I had some nice eye candy to look at too.

Freeloader then.. Good business model!