Meeting Thai Girls That Aren't Hookers Or Gold Diggers

ski

I'm 23 and have been living on the southern islands for 6 months. It would be nice to meet a girl that I can be with for awhile, but all the young farang tourists always leave in a week or so and like EVERY young thai girl i meet obviously has an agenda. I'm a pretty normal decent looking fun guy but I don't think that really matters to most of the thai girls I've met here.

It would be nice to meet some Thais that speak good english and I could hang out with normally + maybe find a girl to be with (personally I just can't be with a girl longterm when I know "money is #1".) Just about every thai "friend" (male or female) I've had has ended up pulling some kinda shit/started asking me to "loan" them money/drug problems/sleeps with a new guy ever few days to try and find a husband to support the kid she had at 17..etc..(I'm sure u guys know). Guess I'm just looking for help before I get too jaded.

I love the beach but it seems every nice island draws many farong which draws a lot of the kind of thais I don't like.

any suggestions? Good beaches or places live in thailand?

-Ski

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There not all, not even most or even half of them!

You sound quite jaded already, maybe take a look at the type of people you are with and places you normally hang out in and then well....... change them.

Mark

Edited by markr

I'm totally convinced that we, ourselves, attract certain situations and individuals. In the past I only had partners - of different nationalities and backround - who ended up wanting to sleep with my best friend or in general flirt with others incessantly. I was also expecting every partner to behave like that. Before I came to Thailand I changed attitude and decided to be determined not to have people like that in my life ever again. I ended up with a Thai man who not only didn't care about my money (also because I don't have much of it) but who sincerly loved me - and he still does - who is also monogamous. A lot of the farang friends I knew ended up with guys who were after their money or had affairs behind their back. My suggestion is concentrate on yourself, how wise and lighthearted you need to feel before you are ready to meet that special someone, be it only a week's passion. I would stay guarded but keep an open mind at the same time.

Yes, it's possible to meet them.

Some of these girls are from families that are far far wealthier than you are.

Unfortunately, the girls from that social class rarely want to date farang, or even be seen alone with a farang out of fear that it may be misconstrued by other people as dating... out of fear that their friends and relatives will tease them as being prostitutes or bar-girls or whatever.

They are usually attracted to the "japanese-look" type of guys (Known as "kakoii" guys... pronounced as "kako-wee". Cute japanese-look type girls are called "kawaii" pronounced "kawa-ee").

Edited by PeaceBlondie
racist appearing remarks removed by PB

Yes, it's possible to meet them.

Some of these girls are from families that are far far wealthier than you are.

Unfortunately, the girls from that social class rarely want to date farang, or even be seen alone with a farang out of fear that it may be misconstrued by other people as dating. They are usually attracted to the "japanese-look" type of guys (called "kakoii").

Tend to agree, plenty around, if u go to the right places and are willing to invest the time. Hang around in seedy bars, doubt u will find what ur looking for. Some people real nuts. Was in the Oriental a year back to pick up the Mrs, who was attending a gala night with her company ( fashion industry ).

As all the lovely women were coming down the stairs to go home in their evening dresses (what a sight!), a jock who was staying at the hotel ran up to one of the hotel staff asking who these women were and how to meet them. The wife came over (i was sitting in the lobby) with a few friends sat down and chatted for a while with her friends.......

This jock actually comes up to me and say " excuse me, but can u line me up with for a night out with one of these girls "....... Can't remember the exact words i used, but they were quite frank and something to the effect that a guy like him would not have a hope in hel_l in 10 years.

It just stuns me how these people think that decent thai women are all for the taking. ( the #$%@@!# attitude of these people.). I can see my self doing at a good hotel in the west....would get laughed at.

To answer the OP's question...... start shopping in other circles, and if u want a quick lass, stay in the bars.

Yes, I think this belongs in the general section, where the men are allowed a little bit more rein (like wild horses) to talk about women, than here in the Ladies Forum.

Try another island. Try another beach on the mainland. Try Bangkok, Udon Thani, Mae Hong Son, and if you want a southern girl, try Pattani. Try different social circles. But if you're not looking for a long term relationship.....never mind any chance of meeting a 'nice girl.'

I've only seen 2 kinds of women here in Thailand. Those looking for a LT relationship and those available for shorter periods of time if the economics ar OK. You say you don't want a long term relationship so you're automatically relegated to that group of girls you claim to not like. IMO, you either need to start liking money girls or you need to start thinking a little bit more long term.

Howdy,

I met my wife through a friend I went to college with. You may be able to meet someone by networking outside your present circle, if you are not meeting the type of person you are look for. Try going somewhere the type of person you want to meet goes. However, don't expect them to be as warm and friendly right off the bat as the girls you meet around midnight downtown. :o If you have a married friend ask his wife to help you.

When I'm in Thailand, I tend to be a morning person because I don't take the heat of the day to well. I have met some really nice people just walking around site seeing as the sun was coming up. People that party hard tend to sleep these hours. I have also met nice people by letting them try to sell me something. I've seen some nice looking ladys selling jewerly, or cosmetics, you could always try putting the moves on a salesgirl. Just tell them you are looking for a gift for your sister. At lest you know where she is working. :D But don't be surprized if you see her downtown from time to time. :D

Goodluck

Chung *j*

I've only seen 2 kinds of women here in Thailand. Those looking for a LT relationship and those available for shorter periods of time if the economics ar OK. You say you don't want a long term relationship so you're automatically relegated to that group of girls you claim to not like. IMO, you either need to start liking money girls or you need to start thinking a little bit more long term.

:o Sums it up nicely, good Thai girls aren't on the short term dating scene.

Take a good look in the mirror and ask yourself WHY? Why would a girl want anything to do with you? What do you have to offer that a thousand other horny young guys don't have? Sounds like you want a lot for very little. Good luck trying to sell that scenario.

:o Sums it up nicely, good Thai girls aren't on the short term dating scene.

Take a good look in the mirror and ask yourself WHY? Why would a girl want anything to do with you? What do you have to offer that a thousand other horny young guys don't have? Sounds like you want a lot for very little. Good luck trying to sell that scenario.

These posters are spot on. The type of girls that you say you would like to meet are usually not looking for short term relationships and are also usually not looking for farangs so of course that makes them more difficult to meet. Some suggestions I would have for you is that some of the places you might have a chance of meeting a girl of higher quality is through networking with Thai people in the higher educated strata, trying to get involved in some of the functions at one of the better universities, or even going to some of the better classy health clubs.

I think you have to be prepared to also bring something to the table if you are looking for a higher quality girl. I agree with you that girls that are only looking for money are not worth the time of day. On the other hand, I have never met a girl in any country of the world that is looking for a guy that is as poor as a church mouse. I think that with most girls of quality there is a happy medium somewhere between those extremes. Also remember that Thai girls are the same as most other girls in that if they are highly educated they are usually looking for someone of similar or higher education.

As one of the posters so aptly put it, 'Look in the mirror' because if what you see is not of the same qualities that you are looking for in a high quality girl, I also wish you 'Good luck trying to sell that scenerio'. If what you see in the mirror does match what you are looking for in a girl, then with a lot of searching and good luck, you may find that special girl.

Unfortunately, the girls from that social class rarely want to date farang, or even be seen alone with a farang out of fear that it may be misconstrued by other people as dating... out of fear that their friends and relatives will tease them as being prostitutes or bar-girls or whatever.

Spot on!

Especially true for the younger falangs/Thai's (18 to 23)

Quote jetjock: As one of the posters so aptly put it, 'Look in the mirror' because if what you see is not of the same qualities that you are looking for in a high quality girl, I also wish you 'Good luck trying to sell that scenerio'. If what you see in the mirror does match what you are looking for in a girl, then with a lot of searching and good luck, you may find that special girl.

Thanks for that JJ, I just looked in the mirror and spoiled my day. :D

Any chance I might get by on my old world charm? It's all I've got going for me. :o

Edited by qwertz

The title says it all "Meeting Thai Girls That Aren't Hookers Or Gold Diggers, Seriously is it even possible?" - with an attitude like that good luck! Maybe in a parallel forum in Thai somewhere there is a Thai lady asking " Meeting a Sincere Farang who will respect Me and My Culture, Seriously is it even possible?" :o

Quote jetjock: As one of the posters so aptly put it, 'Look in the mirror' because if what you see is not of the same qualities that you are looking for in a high quality girl, I also wish you 'Good luck trying to sell that scenerio'. If what you see in the mirror does match what you are looking for in a girl, then with a lot of searching and good luck, you may find that special girl.

Thanks for that JJ, I just looked in the mirror and spoiled my day.

Any chance I might get by on my old world charm, it's all I've got going for me.

:o:D

Qwertz, I looked up that fellow that you said you looked like in one of your previous forum posts. He was quite distinguished looking so if you look like that plus all of your old world charm and intelligence those high quality Thai girls had better watch out !!! :D

I have not read a single word yet in this thread but I found the title very offensive! :o

What about meeting farangs that don't stink and are not fussy?

Well if you'd read the thread you'd know it's not about your particular query. :D

EVERY young thai girl i meet obviously has an agenda

And you said:

It would be nice to meet some Thais that speak good english and I could hang out with normally + maybe find a girl to be with

So you have an agenda too.

(I don't think that's unfairly out of context)

Put your agenda away, and maybe you'll meet people who don't have one either.

I'm 23 and have been living on the southern islands for 6 months. It would be nice to meet a girl that I can be with for awhile, but all the young farang tourists always leave in a week or so and like EVERY young thai girl i meet obviously has an agenda. I'm a pretty normal decent looking fun guy but I don't think that really matters to most of the thai girls I've met here.

It would be nice to meet some Thais that speak good english and I could hang out with normally + maybe find a girl to be with (personally I just can't be with a girl longterm when I know "money is #1".) Just about every thai "friend" (male or female) I've had has ended up pulling some kinda shit/started asking me to "loan" them money/drug problems/sleeps with a new guy ever few days to try and find a husband to support the kid she had at 17..etc..(I'm sure u guys know). Guess I'm just looking for help before I get too jaded.

I love the beach but it seems every nice island draws many farong which draws a lot of the kind of thais I don't like.

-Ski

I hope you have a good relationship with your right hand.

-Ski

I hope you have a good relationship with your right hand.

:o and his left hand too just in case he wants to occasionally get some strange stuff !

Ski, dude, living in a tourist area has given you a completely detarded impression of Thailand. Listen, if you want to date women of a ''higher quality'' you'll have to change out of those shorts, tank top and running shoes and put on some nice clothes right away. Otherwise you are a target for only one kind of woman, one with an agenda.

Damian Mavis