Wrong visa issue date

I'm got my e-visa approved today 11th. The ticket I had to submit for the application is scheduled for arrival on the 25th.

I booked that ticket to give them enough time to process the visa. I'm actually not planning on using it, so it's fully refundable.

The problem I have now is that the e-visa is valid from 24th, what's if I enter b4 that date? Would that cause problems if entering on Visa exempt.

Sorry for hijacking the post, but I believe it's a too similar issue to start a separate thread.

Edited by Maestro
Split off from topic "Can you apply for a visa in person while still waiting for evisa?"

1 hour ago, jethro69 said:

I'm got my e-visa approved today 11th. The ticket I had to submit for the application is scheduled for arrival on the 25th.

I booked that ticket to give them enough time to process the visa. I'm actually not planning on using it, so it's fully refundable.

The problem I have now is that the e-visa is valid from 24th, what's if I enter b4 that date? Would that cause problems if entering on Visa exempt.

Sorry for hijacking the post, but I believe it's a too similar issue to start a separate thread.

Your e-visa issued on 11 July is valid for travel to Thailand from 11 July until the date shown on the line "Visa must  be used by", regardless of the flight date shown on the ticket you submitted with the visa application.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Your e-visa issued on 11 July is valid for travel to Thailand from 11 July, regardless of the flight date shown on the ticket you submitted with the visa application.

Not so sure about it. 

Visa2023.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jethro69 said:

Not so sure about it. 

Visa2023.jpg

It is the first time I have seen a post-dated e-visa. If you enter before July 24th, you will need a visa exemption. You could then use the e-visa later by doing a border bounce.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Maestro said:

Oh dear. I see that the Thai embassy in Belgium gave you a postdated visa issue date to match your intended flight date. This is highly irregular.

It's a situation that I suspect most applicants would be very happy with.

Unfortunately the OP appears to not be in that category. 

I don't see any reason, though, that they couldn't enter visa exempt for their first entry (just don't show the visa to the IO when going through immigration), and then use the METV for subsequent entries. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, JayClay said:

I don't see any reason, though, that they couldn't enter visa exempt for their first entry (just don't show the visa to the IO when going through immigration), and then use the METV for subsequent entries. 

I agree that a visa exempt entry should be no problem. Note that his e-visa is an SETV not METV.

• Thanks 1

Maybe im thinking to easy, but could you get in on a visa on arrival, prior to your e visa? You dont use it coming in

Then on the starting (24) day of your e visa, you go to immigration to activate your e visa?

30 minutes ago, JayClay said:

What makes you think it would be an issue? 

There has been few threads on this. 

One was post of someone obtaining an e-Visa for Thailand from London.

Then doing a side strip on route to Bangkok. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1269388-obtaining-an-evisa-while-outside-of-your-home-country/

There is random info from Mr google that seems to indicate entry is via designated points of entry. 

Haven't seen land border entries....

eg..,.... Applicants can use the Thai eVisa on arrival to enter the country through the following designated International Airports: Bangkok – Suvarnabhumi International Airport – BKK. Bangkok – Don Mueang International Airport – DMK.

Edited by DrJack54

5 minutes ago, JayClay said:

That topic is about applying for a visa. The OP already has a visa.

From the OP....

"I'm got my e-visa approved today 11th." 

Someone suggested enter Thailand visa exempt and not use the e-Visa.

Subsequently do a border bounce and reenter using the e-Visa (SETV) 

I don't believe the border bounce (land entry) will work. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1