VINEGAR: Vinegar Intended Specifically for... Household Cleaning and Descaling of Hot Water Heaters... Where to buy Cheap by the Gallon?

GammaGlobulin

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Perhaps posters who are not enamoured with your threads will start a GoFundMe page to buy you one.

If they only would...

There must be millions of them.

If each contributed just one Baht, I would have a latex mattress today before the sun goes down.

On 7/25/2023 at 1:45 PM, Lacessit said:

I have had a look at LaTex. It seems to organize documents just like I used to.

I wrote every technical report in a sequence Title - Introduction - Experimental design - Results and Discussion - Conclusions - References - Signature and Date.

Graphics and tables were easy enough to insert along the way.

I am definitely UNAWARE of ANY OTHER desktop-publishing software which can duplicate, or even come close to duplicating, LaTeX's versatility for....

Typesetting

Scientific Notation

Beauty of the Text

Etc...

Maybe you are?

Can you please name one, other than maybe this one?  https://www.slant.co/versus/13783/24296/~latex_vs_microsoft-publisher

BUT....this other one does not even apply because this other one by MS is NOT opensource software.

And, in academia, scientists ALL prefer using opensource software so that they can tweak the software to create new iterations which better suit their needs.  https://subscription.packtpub.com/book/business-and-other/9781847199867/1/ch01lvl1sec10/what-is-latex#:~:text=LaTeX is a free%2C open,typesetting engine by Donald Knuth.

What SAY you, Sir?

(I mean: We would not wish to mislead readers into mistakenly thinking that LaTeX is not just the BEST for making one's science articles printer-ready. And, also, we LIKE to support opensource software whenever possible, too!)

Edited by GammaGlobulin

And, just a helpful update for those, like me, who may live in a house which is not attached to the city water supply, one which is reliant upon ground water from a well, or for those who are having problems due to hard water coming out of their taps:

I have been using the Glacier company.

This is NOT an ad for Glacier.

I am just reporting that I have been using Glacier for several months, and that I am still getting great service, responsive service, and friendly delivery people. 

I changed my drinking water supplier several months ago, and I am now very satisfied with the new company.

I did not know which company to choose.

But then I looked on TV and found some helpful comments which pointed me to the Glacier company.

You do not need to speak a lot of passa Thai to contact this company and arrange for drinking water delivery.

I buy the 20 liter water jugs in plastic (they have glass containers too maybe?).

So, Glacier solved my drinking water problem.

According to the company:  The drinking water they supply has been treated a process of ozonation (I am still not an expert, obviously.).

However, the hard water problem at my house is STILL seriously bad.

Lot's of corrosion on plumbing fittings.

White stains all over the drinking glasses.

Gritty deposits on dishes, bowls, cutlery, you name it.

I have yet to go buy vinegar (acetic acid), but I definitely will.

I do not own this house, and I am unable to control the water treatment of the ground water being supplied.

And so, my living situation is not ideal, just due to the hard water problem.

Next time I move, i will first ask if the house is connected to the city water supply, for sure.

58 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I am definitely UNAWARE of ANY OTHER desktop-publishing software which can duplicate, or even come close to duplicating, LaTeX's versatility for....

Typesetting

Scientific Notation

Beauty of the Text

Etc...

Maybe you are?

Can you please name one, other than maybe this one?  https://www.slant.co/versus/13783/24296/~latex_vs_microsoft-publisher

BUT....this other one does not even apply because this other one by MS is NOT opensource software.

And, in academia, scientists ALL prefer using opensource software so that they can tweak the software to create new iterations which better suit their needs.  https://subscription.packtpub.com/book/business-and-other/9781847199867/1/ch01lvl1sec10/what-is-latex#:~:text=LaTeX is a free%2C open,typesetting engine by Donald Knuth.

What SAY you, Sir?

(I mean: We would not wish to mislead readers into mistakenly thinking that LaTeX is not just the BEST for making one's science articles printer-ready. And, also, we LIKE to support opensource software whenever possible, too!)

In my only experience with a publishing company, I found myself correcting the spelling mistakes proofreaders had inserted into my original text.

IME programmers are equally capable of making mistakes, therefore I have no interest in the systems you espouse.

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

In my only experience with a publishing company, I found myself correcting the spelling mistakes proofreaders had inserted into my original text.

IME programmers are equally capable of making mistakes, therefore I have no interest in the systems you espouse.

In THESE Days of modern science, it is often necessary for scientists and researchers to submit their articles for publication to well-known journals using, EXCLUSIVELY, LaTeX, and no other software.  Are you aware of this?  And then, what say you now?

Here are the guidelines for using LaTeX in order to submit a science article to the journal Science:

https://www.science.org/content/page/preparing-manuscripts-using-latex

This is just one of a plethora of cases where LaTeX is required for science-article publication.

Science article publishing has changed since the Dark Ages, I think.

And, for the better.

No need to rely on others to do what one can easily do oneself.

And, it can save money for the researchers and grad students, too.