Best rates sending money from Thailand to Australia

Apologies if this was discussed already, looking for the best place/facility to send very large sum of baht to Australia and every nuance in the 

exchange rate could mean hundreds of dollars different, all suggestions will be welcome.

The very best way would be to change the Thai Baht to AUD and then carry it to Australia and declare it at AU Border Security. If it is more than $10,000AUD you will need to explain where it came from with documentation.

All other rates will be much lower. If you want to shift it from a Thai bank to an AU bank, you will need proof of where these funds came from if it is more than $10,000AUD.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have not sent large amounts to Australia and have found Western Union at times have better rates than Deemoney.

Rates WU 99thb

Dmoney 125 thb

Per transaction.

Delivery/payment

WU next business day

Dmoney 3 business days

Edited by norbra
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, norbra said:

I have not sent large amounts to Australia and have found Western Union at times have better rates than Deemoney.

Rates WU 99thb

Dmoney 125 thb

Per transaction.

Do you know the difference between exchange rates and transfer fees?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/16/2023 at 1:49 PM, LS24 said:

The very best way would be to change the Thai Baht to AUD and then carry it to Australia and declare it at AU Border Security. If it is more than $10,000AUD you will need to explain where it came from with documentation.

All other rates will be much lower. If you want to shift it from a Thai bank to an AU bank, you will need proof of where these funds came from if it is more than $10,000AUD.

I think there is a $5000 limit per day to do that at Superrich, so I don't think that will work.

On 7/16/2023 at 11:11 AM, norbra said:

Rates WU 99thb

Dmoney 125 thb

Per transaction.

Delivery/payment

WU next business day

Dmoney 3 business days

That's a strange one because I have used Dmoney about 15 times to send funds from Thailand to the UK and Dmoney gave a far better rate of exchange compared to WU. 

Myself I am prepared to pay an extra 35 baht on the fee and wait an extra 2 days if I am getting 15% more at the other end

Edited by Brick Top
Missing words

I have done it twice last year, over 1,000,000 thb

best way to send for us was from ktb swift to Commonwealth bank. 

Both times money was there within 15 minutes despite telling us it would take 2-3 business days. 

Make sure you let the receiver, commonwealth bank account holder's pay for the fees instead of the sender ktb here. It's works much cheaper as ktb charges 1100 Baht whereas commonwealth bank charges 11$. In my case it was free as I m long customer of CBA. 

By using swift the charges are cheaper but the rate is little higher but at the end it works out as the cheaper way /option. 

Plus it's quick despite its a swift transaction. 

I hsve a whole thread in here I'm try to post it. 

OK I got it

https://aseannow.com/topic/1274642-sending-money-from-thailand-to-australia/

Regards ????

Edited by walailak
????????