SCB EZ savings - using for BKK Immigration - Non O Extension Thai wife

Good morning forum, 2 questions..

Just double checking that an SCB EZ savings account is OK to use for Changwatanna Immigration. 

In the past I used krungsri, ktb and had to submit an account verification letter only since I had a physical bank book.

I understand for the scb EZ account you need to submit also a statement covering the past two months prior in the absence of a physical bankbook. 

Also going to Changwatanna Bkk on the 29th of Sep, extension ends October 31st, 

33 days earlier should not be a problem? 

Thank you ✌️

You can do extension up to 45 days prior to expiry at CW.

You will need band statement and also bank letter.

There is no longer a SCB branch at CW immigration.

You can make an appointment.

Runs on time.

If you make appointment you need to have hard copy of confirmation email 

Link here.....

https://www.immigration.go.th/?page_id=20131

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You can do extension up to 45 days prior to expiry at CW.

You can make an appointment.

Runs on time.

If you make appointment you need to have hard copy of confirmation email 

Link here.....

https://www.immigration.go.th/?page_id=20131

OK great,

SCB apparently charges 200 Baht for both letter and a three/two months statement ????

Link here.....

https://www.scb.co.th/en/personal-banking/other-services/certificate-of-finance/certification-of-deposit-account-balance.html

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

So using a SCB EZ savings without a physical bankbook

it's acceptable by immigration? 

Thanks

8 minutes ago, walailak said:

So using a SCB EZ savings without a physical bankbook

it's acceptable by immigration? 

Thanks

Yes as long as you have bank statement of account for the period required.  Immigration seems to be trending to bank statements over passbooks since having to use for proof of income last few years and learning how to read them.  Easy to read and confirm no missing entries, unlike passbooks.  As said above also need letter of account ownership/current balance and SCB no longer has a branch at CW.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, walailak said:

OK great,

SCB apparently charges 200 Baht for both letter and a three/two months statement ????

Link here.....

https://www.scb.co.th/en/personal-banking/other-services/certificate-of-finance/certification-of-deposit-account-balance.html

yeah oh dear......  lol.. I buy a whole year statements whilst I am at the circus....  in case the other clowns demand it..  I carry a bag of 5 copies of all... they ask me why I havee a big bag, I look at them and think, he who ask the question knows the answer.....

19 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Yes as long as you have bank statement of account for the period required.  Immigration seems to be trending to bank statements over passbooks since having to use for proof of income last few years and learning how to read them.  Easy to read and confirm no missing entries, unlike passbooks.  As said above also need letter of account ownership/current balance and SCB no longer has a branch at CW.

nonsence and misleading.... you are highly likely to come accoss one that is fond of book banks...  make a copy and take it...

2 minutes ago, Seeall said:

nonsence and misleading.... you are highly likely to come accoss one that is fond of book banks...  make a copy and take it...

Not nonsense and not misleading.

It is clear that some immigration offices are starting to require bank statements even using money in bank method.

Especially for based on retirement. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Seeall said:

There are some account types now that don't have a bank book any more.  Like the account the original poster asked about.  He's asking if immigration will accept an account that does not have a bank book.

Edited by rwill
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seeall said:

He does not have a passbook - my reply was based on that.  If you have a passbook account they will want to see passbook (and may also want account statement).

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/16/2023 at 9:31 AM, walailak said:

Just double checking that an SCB EZ savings account is OK to use for Changwatanna Immigration

Yes.

CW Immi accepts any savings account without passbook.

Peace.

• Thanks 1