Buying a used car from a car tent

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

After deciding to buy a used car, when to go to the bank to transfer money, what docs are needed. I presume once the transfer papers are signed ??? 

At the bank.

Nothing needed other than recipient name and account number.

Can even do it online from your laptop or banking app on your phone if you have one.

But yes, after vehicle transfer to your name at LTD.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

At the bank.

Nothing needed other than recipient name and account number.

Can even do it online from your laptop or banking app on your phone if you have one.

But yes, after vehicle transfer to your name at LTD.

sorry but are not the signed papers + sellers ID not enough as i want to register it in another province? (i have yellow book) or put in wife's name then transfer to me, as we have done before.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

sorry but are not the signed papers + sellers ID not enough as i want to register it in another province (i have yellow book)

Your question reads (to me) about money transfer.... not car and province transfer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ralf001 said:

Your question reads (to me) about money transfer.... not car and province transfer.

Sorry if i 'm confusing but the question remains, if he has signed the transfer papers, is then 'safe' to transfer the money to the owner/dealer. ? going tomorrow, he has the book shown on their car2car site. 

Just now, brianthainess said:

Sorry if i 'm confusing but the question remains, if he has signed the transfer papers, is then 'safe' to transfer the money to the owner/dealer. ? going tomorrow, he has the book shown on their car2car site. 

Me personally.. would wait till book is in my name.

I purchased a BKK registered car, transferred at BKK LTD to my name, then had to come to Chonburi LTD to complete the transfer and get new plates.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I purchased a BKK registered car, transferred at BKK LTD to my name, then had to come to Chonburi LTD to complete the transfer and get new plates.

Thanks OK i'll try that but these dealers, find it too 'ard to put it in falang name sometimes, so worst case scenario, put in wife's name first ????

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

Thanks OK i'll try that but these dealers, find it too 'ard to put it in falang name sometimes, so worst case scenario, put in wife's name first ????

I used an agent... I followed along so they had a face to point to.

• Like 1

Once in your name, no real need to transfer from BKK to Chonburi. Can renew tax regardless.

Perhaps something I am not aware off, but I think you will find that's the case.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, sungod said:

Sorry, no one is going to sell you a car, wait for the book to be in your name without any money in the bank.

Transfer papers signed together, money in the bank at the same time is the way it should work.

Done it twice, So sorry, you are wrong.

10 hours ago, sungod said:

Sorry, no one is going to sell you a car, wait for the book to be in your name without any money in the bank.

Transfer papers signed together, money in the bank at the same time is the way it should work.

That's what i was thinking i did last time but it was 5 yrs ago 

6 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Done it twice, So sorry, you are wrong.

You must have bought cars of the most gullible people in the world.

I've told you how the process works for the other 99.99%, so please don't tell me I am wrong ????

52 minutes ago, sungod said:

I've told you how the process works for the other 99.99%, so please don't tell me I am wrong ????

And yet you have the hide to call me wrong on something I have done.

The cheek of some people.

And yet you have the hide to call me wrong on something I have done.

The cheek of some people.

Ok, I'll rephrase, no one in their right mind is going to sell you a car.........

You've already admitted you know nothing of the process as you said you used an agent. You really have nothing to offer on this thread.

14 hours ago, sungod said:

Once in your name, no real need to transfer from BKK to Chonburi. Can renew tax regardless.

Perhaps something I am not aware off, but I think you will find that's the case.

If the car is in your name you will not be allowed to drive on BKK plates...you will be made to change.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, petermik said:

If the car is in your name you will not be allowed to drive on BKK plates...you will be made to change.

Got a car on my drive with Bangkok plates, registered at an address in Chonburi.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/17/2023 at 10:06 AM, petermik said:

Sorry but you are 100% wrong. Last time I changed mine to my province from BKK to Trat simply because the dealer's tent staff found it to hard to put in a 'falang' name, so put in my wife's name. I only changed it bcoz i wanted it in my name. 

But having said that i do preferer it registered in my province as, right or wrong, i think the local cops don't bother so much to scrutinize you when stopped. 

Edited by brianthainess