Efficient Way of obtaining a new Tourist Visa

Hello,

I am currently seeking information on obtaining a new Tourist Visa and have heard that Laos is a favorable option. I am interested to know your thoughts on HCMC as well.

To provide some context, I had a Tourist Visa last year and subsequently obtained an ED Visa, which I currently possess. However, I am required to leave the country next month and intend to acquire a Tourist Visa to facilitate my return. Could you kindly advise me on the best place to increase my chances of obtaining a tourist Visa?

I have come across a few posts discussing HCMC, and I would appreciate any insights or recommendations you can provide on this matter.
HCMC seems easy, as I can just fly in and fly back. What do you think could be the most convenient way? ???? 

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

3 hours ago, MadaThailand said:

HCMC seems easy, as I can just fly in and fly back. What do you think could be the most convenient way?

You require an appointment for Saigon Thai consulate.

All your paperwork needs to be in order.

Cheap flights from Bangkok to Saigon and good bus from airport to district 1.

Appointment for Saigon link

https://booking.setmore.com/scheduleappointment/f8af2588-daa5-4e23-9bea-6b35c5e06758

An alternative is to fly to Udon Thani and then onwards to Nong Khai.

Obtain SETV at Vientiane.

That also requires appointment. 

Link for appointment

https://thaivisavientiane.com/

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, BritTim said:

Whether applying in HCMC or Vientiane, an appointment and scrupulous compliance with their published requirements is needed. People often find HCMC a lot more fun. However, assuming you meet the requirements, the Vientiane embassy is friendlier, and more certain if you have extensive prior history as a tourist in Thailand.

That's because Loathian people are much friendlier in general.

2 hours ago, Jackbenimble said:

Penang used to be a popular jaunt for visa runs, is the consultate there still as popular as it was or have they tightened up there? 

Penang is extremely busy, and they only accept a limited number of applications per day. As best as I can tell, if willing to queue up long before they open (so you succeed in making an application) the chances of getting a tourist visa there are decent. Some visa run companies on Samui are the experts on the current situation at that consulate.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It also probably have to do with number of potential aplyers....

By becoming harder ...word spreads and they do not get so much work...

Travellers may prefer saigon to vientane .....also flight tickets cheaper if not mistaken.

Edited by SEAHOPPER
  • Haha 1