Marriage Extension Renewal - New Passport.

I'm just about to start getting everything together to renew my marriage extension and it's suddenly dawned on me that my new, two month old passport only has about 5 pages that need to be photocopied.

The transfer stamps, main ID page, 90 day, arrival card and TM 30. 

Now as we know, immigration love lots and lots of photocopies! 

So, can someone kindly confirm whether or not I need to photocopy all the pages in my old passport for this extension?

Logically I shouldn't have to.....

For the record, I will be renewing in Chiang Mai.

Thanks in advance.

Can not answer CM specific but old passport should be out of the picture once transfers are made.

That said always best to 'be prepared' and have old passport with you.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, jimmym40 said:

I just did a renewal, for retirement, with a new 1 month old passport at CM.    Did not ask for old passport.    I had only the 2, maybe it was 3 pages.   That's all.

Brilliant! That's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks a lot. ????

13 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Arrival cards in PP are non existent now

I've still got one stapled in my passport. I haven't been outside of Thailand since 2016.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Arrival cards in PP are non existent now

Many of us have and it is presented for extensions of stay.  Mine is dated 2003.  Believe may still be used at land crossings.

• Like 1

I have to supply my old passport when I renew because it contains my last issued Non O and entry stamp for my marriage extension which obviously aren't in the new one.

IME copy everything old, and new.

Last year I was asked for photo copies of my house photos, first time ever in more than 10+ years of marriage extensions.

TiT

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andycoops said:

I have to supply my old passport when I renew because it contains my last issued Non O and entry stamp for my marriage extension which obviously aren't in the new one.

Yes they are - those are the notation entries made when you transfer current extension of stay from old to new passport.  Unless you have not done your transfer yet.  In that case both will be required and two processes done.