Can you obtain Mirtazapine OTC in Thailand (or a generic version)

Chivas

Its an anti depressant for its main existance but has side effects that put me to sleep on the button every night

I've got an extensive stay coming up in Thailand and entirely predictably the GP will give no more than 1 month of anything (and just 2 weeks of Tramadol and Marol  but thats for another day)

So Mirtazapine availability  ??

Thanks

It is available in Thailand under these brand names:

Remeron Soltab (imported)

Merasal (locally made)

Zamir (locally made)

It does not require prescriptio0n but only very lareg pharmacies likely to have it. Might try Medisafe (online pharmacy)   https://medisafepharma.com/

Have to use the Messenger funtion, ordering doirect on website doesn't work.

• Like 1

I have used Medisafe a few times.

Using messenger on their Facebook site.

Their communication is not always perfect.

E.g. you paid and no response.

"Have you shipped?"

"Yes", "Will ship now"...

Online prepayment necessary.

Remeron is available as 30mg or 15mg.   30 x 30mg is about 1900 baht.

If your in England I would try a private prescription with Lloyds pharmacy which worked

out around £7.00 for 30 x 45mg mirtazapine (not remeron)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tedkhon said:

Remeron is available as 30mg or 15mg.   30 x 30mg is about 1900 baht.

If your in England I would try a private prescription with Lloyds pharmacy which worked

out around £7.00 for 30 x 45mg mirtazapine (not remeron)

I can get the "prescription" itself no problem and the meds themselves are free as I'm over 60 just that the manic GP as always refuses to issue more than 30 days...period (for any med)

30 minutes ago, Chivas said:

I can get the "prescription" itself no problem and the meds themselves are free as I'm over 60 just that the manic GP as always refuses to issue more than 30 days...period (for any med)

That's entirely understandable as it is a drug that is frequently abused and is sold on the streets

13 hours ago, mark131v said:

That's entirely understandable as it is a drug that is frequently abused and is sold on the streets

What mirtazapine itself ??

Its an anti depressant in its base form ??  Or so I thought ??  Happy to be corrected on that

19 hours ago, mark131v said:

Yes it is abused mainly due to the fact it can act as a sleeping tablet. Like many drugs it is commonly used to counteract or enhance the effects of other drugs and like many medications especially anti depressants there is a ready market

Remeron (Mirtazapine) Addiction And Abuse - Addiction Center

Am really surprised with that. Yep get the sleep properties point which is why I've had it for 12 years (its an absolute beauty) but had no idea it was a "desired" drug of choice

With that Tramadol and Marol I take those come (in the UK) with red restricted stickers on packaging (needing ID every time to collect) from Boots but Miratazapine is in normal package

Genuinely surprised

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

Am really surprised with that. Yep get the sleep properties point which is why I've had it for 12 years (its an absolute beauty) but had no idea it was a "desired" drug of choice

With that Tramadol and Marol I take those come (in the UK) with red restricted stickers on packaging (needing ID every time to collect) from Boots but Miratazapine is in normal package

Genuinely surprised

Just a friendly note. Have you researched tramadol? Long term will mess you up when trying to come off it. The discomfort will most likely be worse in the long run.  

7 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Just a friendly note. Have you researched tramadol? Long term will mess you up when trying to come off it. The discomfort will most likely be worse in the long run.  

lol well I've got a world of issues inbound then after 21 years.....

Been on it since 2002 and told am on it for life.

Has zero side effects on me other than doing the job its actually prescribed for.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Does it happen any time you paid and not got medicine ,  I belive we never have this question . we all want  to fly business class but want to pay economy .

This company is a real life save for many of us . 

Does it happen any time you paid and not got medicine ,  I belive we never have this question . we all want  to fly business class but want to pay economy .

31 minutes ago, Adndrew said:

I'll take the bait lol

What are you on about ???

• 2 months later...