The Lofts - Cozy beach

PJ71

Has anyone stayed here or owned one of these condos?

They seem to sell a decent footprint for a low price in that area, any reason for that? it's a prime spot.

Thoughts or input appreciated.

Thanks

it's off Kasetsin, a bitch of an area to get to, you'll need a motorbike or taxis.

I live Pratumnak not far away but id6 avoid Kasetsin, condos are fine but just out the way, rents probably lower for the same reason

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

it's off Kasetsin, a bitch of an area to get to, you'll need a motorbike or taxis.

I live Pratumnak not far away but id6 avoid Kasetsin, condos are fine but just out the way, rents probably lower for the same reason

It's actually on Kasetsin. I lived on this street for over 6 years. I would consider Cozy Beach to be one of the best areas in Pattaya to live, but it's essential to have a motorcycle. Rents in Cozy Beach are not lower than anywhere else on the Hill... in fact probably higher as the area is somewhat exclusive since it's not on a through road. All the traffic is local only.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Cosy beach area is a great place to live, but the traffic on holidays and weekends can be a nightmare. It gets overloaded with tourists going to Restaurant Row along the cliff at the bottom of the hill, and with only 1 single lane to get in and out of the area the traffic jams are horrendous. Other than that it’s a pretty quiet place well positioned between Jomtien and Pattaya. If you have a motorcycle you should be fine. 

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Strange, op also noticed the lower rents

I never noticed lower rents. I was paying a fairly high rent as a next door neighbour to The Lofts. Also, when I left there I searched for a new rental, and very few places were available in Cozy Beach and anything I found was not cheap. I ended up moving elsewhere. I don't care what the OP said, as long term resident in the area I'm saying he is wrong. It is most definitely not a low rental area, but an exclusive higher rental area.

6 hours ago, jcmj said:

Cosy beach area is a great place to live, but the traffic on holidays and weekends can be a nightmare. It gets overloaded with tourists going to Restaurant Row along the cliff at the bottom of the hill, and with only 1 single lane to get in and out of the area the traffic jams are horrendous. Other than that it’s a pretty quiet place well positioned between Jomtien and Pattaya. If you have a motorcycle you should be fine. 

If you own a car, it can be a problem at peak times, but I only used motorcycle transport and never had a problem with traffic. The roads have since been widened and improved. I was never more than 5 minutes from Pattaya Central or Jomtien.

So the general consensus for the lower rents and sales price at The Lofts is coz it's off the baht bus route and you'd need your own transport?

I have a 1bd 88sqm place in Exec Res 3 for almost 13 years and can get 20K per month, a 2 bd 110sqm place in The Lofts is cheaper rent and just down the road?

There must be a reason?

8 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

So the general consensus for the lower rents and sales price at The Lofts is coz it's off the baht bus route and you'd need your own transport?

I have a 1bd 88sqm place in Exec Res 3 for almost 13 years and can get 20K per month, a 2 bd 110sqm place in The Lofts is cheaper rent and just down the road?

There must be a reason?

Yes, there is a reason. The Loft is a much better deal. But you can't draw conclusions of general rental prices available in Cozy Beach based on a single comparison. We're coming out of covid lockdowns that lasted years. Pattaya went dark for 2 years. The rental market has not yet recovered. What you paid over the last 13 years of little comparitive signficance.

10 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Yes, there is a reason. The Loft is a much better deal. But you can't draw conclusions of general rental prices available in Cozy Beach based on a single comparison. We're coming out of covid lockdowns that lasted years. Pattaya went dark for 2 years. The rental market has not yet recovered. What you paid over the last 13 years of little comparitive signficance.

I've rented out my unit for as much as 25K pm ( 2015/16 ish ).

You would not happen to know anyone that's stayed at or owned at The Lofts would you? First hand account would be interesting.

Thanks.