5 things you hate most about Thailand

bignok

1 minute ago, bignok said:

I like it

Each to their own,  but this thread is about what we don't like, Try and stay on topic, there is another thread currently running entitled "5 things you love most in Thailand"  I didn't see you listing your peculiar fondness  of the standard Thai greeting on there

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Geordieabroad said:

Your #3 is complaining farang, you actually said that while complaining, that's funny

Yeah, but, Thailand has to be good, so foreigners who complain about it must be bad, and if you complain about something bad, then you are good! ????:cheesy:

• Like 1

In hierarchical order:

a. Thailand Monster Centipede  (I hate them in the bathroom, alive.  But, they are good to eat.)

image.jpeg.53664d60f79b5f06e027884ccc85c428.jpeg

b. roosters

c. barking dogs (the Husky dog is the worst, because I hate whiners)

d. scorpions in my underwear after leaving it on the floor

e. GuestHouse managers who are Old Toms  (worse than the Monster Centipede, or uglier anyway)

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I was answering a question that was asking for things I don't like - which will surely read as a list of complaints.. - I thought Geordies were supposed to be a bit nicer and more clever than that? Next time I should just complain that the ice cream is great? 

you were right about Geordies, we also have a sense of humour

1 Not being allowed to play music in a bar.

2 Being called a Falang.

3 lack of Sunbeds and Umbrellas at a beach.

4 lack of care and Hospitality as a Tourist.

5 lie's and Cheating.  

Edited by BarraMarra
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

couldnt do it without the loving support of my fellow members here..like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day....a day without BigNok is a day not worth living...

well, it is like a tabloid newspaper on a sunday every day! Cant beat that

2 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

couldnt do it without the loving support of my fellow members here..like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day....a day without BigNok is a day not worth living...

Someone please pass me a bucket.

On 7/21/2023 at 2:17 PM, HappyExpat57 said:

Hate is WAY too strong a word. Annoyed, most certainly, and I've shared this repeatedly ad nauseum - and here it is again (Reader's Digest abbreviated edition). I got sick of all the annoyances, moved to Mexico vowing never to come back, and six weeks later was back in LOS with a renewed appreciation.

Try it - move somewhere else with similar attributes (though THAT will be difficult to find!) and see if you are happier there than here.

Yep...a few months in mexico might make thai food look a LOT better and the Mexican mariachi bands can quickly drive you nuts...the mex gals are not my cup of chai...but the beer is cold and the beaches are nice in lot of mexican spots....but overall, i''ll take Thailand any day.

• Like 2

On 7/21/2023 at 8:09 PM, Hummin said:

If everyone recall their grandparents time and the people around back then, or for instance look at comments in here, or in social media, you will see how common stupidity was back in time and now also. How simple most people are when discussing or talking about issues they know nothing about. They understand the surface of it, but no dept seen or heard anywhere. 

Everyone base their experiences on their perspective and experiences only, and not willing to take in, there is more to every issue they think they are a master of.

Especially here in thailand where noboy have been in a thais shoes, and how their life have been, or is in the exact moment! 

Shallowness at its best and ignorant.

Not specified especially at you, but you where the last one to reply to this tread in such manner.

I have travelled country side in many countries, and Im not going to single out any specific country or place, but Rednecks is a common phenomenon in every country.

Anonymous  public forums are not the place for reasoned, knowlegible and logical debate.  There are good reasons why very many academic and other professional forums are not anonymous.