British passport

My daughter tried to renew her British passport but was told cannot pay for it using a Thai debit card. So I will pay using my nationwide debit card. 

The passport office sent her an email with the payment details, they use the Royal Bank of Scotland and the sort code is 60-70-80 when I cross checked I discovered  that sort code is for nat west not the RBS. anyone got any idea what going on I'm concerned that it might be a scam. 

21 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I have an RBS account and had to call them up last week - the woman who answered announced that I was calling the Nat West. Same same.

Did you call by telephone

Have the two banks joined up or something

2 minutes ago, salavan said:

Did you call by telephone

Have the two banks joined up or something

I don't know about joining up but I got a letter from the fraud dept at RBS because I used my credit card abroad (I was expecting it). 

I called the number on the letter - that's when the lady answered with 'Nat West'. I said to her that I was expecting to speak to RBS and she said that they were the same. 

38 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

RBS is a subsidiary of NatWest

They sent me paying details:

Bank name RBS

Sort code 60-70-80

Are the two connection i was reluctant to transfer the money in case it was some type of scam 

46 minutes ago, salavan said:

They sent me paying details:

Bank name RBS

Sort code 60-70-80

Are the two connection i was reluctant to transfer the money in case it was some type of scam 

Go to www.sortcodes.co.uk and you can enter the sort code and get it's details. I think this should allay your concerns.

31 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Go to www.sortcodes.co.uk and you can enter the sort code and get it's details. I think this should allay your concerns.

I did that RBS sort code is different from nat west sort code

13 minutes ago, salavan said:

I did that RBS sort code is different from nat west sort code

60-70-80 is the sort code for Gov Bnkg Serv Br under Nat West.

Wikipedia states: "On 14 February 2020, it was announced that RBS Group was to be renamed NatWest Group, taking the brand under which the majority of its business is delivered."

If this is insufficient to convince you then I am not sure what else anyone can do.