Car Play Adapter

My 11 year old Toyota Vigo has a radio with BLUETOOTH built in, as I suspect, almost all private cars will have such a facility. Also, almost ALL phones have it built in. Consequently there is NO NEED for any sort of Dongle, and NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER for using a phone held in the hand.

I would also like to have apple CarPlay on my Toyota chr media system rather than the Toyota system. I know the Toyota Cross now has it and kannikap Bluetooth connected with my iPhone doesn’t give me it so would also be interested if a dongle might work.  
But please SHOUT out if you know how. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, eezergood said:

Are you simple? 

NO excuse for attempting to chastise for something you have completely not understood!  Put the soap box down & back to your cocoa!

No, anyone who does not understand my answer is the simple one.

I am not chastising anyone, simply saying it as it is.

Edited by KannikaP

25 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

No, anyone who does not understand my answer is the simple one.

I am not chastising anyone, simply saying it as it is.

It was not an answer to the question, it was social posturing!

I asked about a dongle to use for Apple car play - if you dont know, its ok to say nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, eezergood said:

It was not an answer to the question, it was social posturing!

I asked about a dongle to use for Apple car play - if you dont know, its ok to say nothing.

Point taken. But a Dongle, be it Apple Play, Bluetooth or USB is un-necessary on a modern car/radio.

Radio 2 or Classic FM is clearer on my car radio than Thai FM radio! 

16 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Point taken. But a Dongle, be it Apple Play, Bluetooth or USB is un-necessary on a modern car/radio.

Radio 2 or Classic FM is clearer on my car radio than Thai FM radio! 

Once again you assume! 

My wifes car has a tv in the roof for our son - car play would mirror his device

My wifes car has rubbish sat nav - car play would mirror google maps to the car

Does my justification now merit a response other than you dont need it.........which you are not able to offer as you see this as little more than folly 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, eezergood said:

can i ask why? 

I have to un-/plug the wireless dongle because the CarPlay does sometimes not start on the Ora GoodCat's display (stuck with the initialisation screen). I have the same experience with my Honda Goldwing, but it is more cumbersome to un-/plug the dongle in the trunk while driving. I have not been able to replicate the fail scenario.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 8:13 PM, Klonko said:

I have to un-/plug the wireless dongle because the CarPlay does sometimes not start on the Ora GoodCat's display (stuck with the initialisation screen). I have the same experience with my Honda Goldwing, but it is more cumbersome to un-/plug the dongle in the trunk while driving. I have not been able to replicate the fail scenario.

Ok thanks - appreciate the feedback