Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Carburetor, cleaners?

Orangutan

Remember when you could take your carburetor out take it to a place and for a price they would give you a re-build one? All they did with yours was take it apart and soak it in carburetor cleaner the replace gaskets and springs ,put it together and it was rebuilt. Don't know much about bikes but I suspect if you took it to a place, they would do the same. Places here are so inexpensive that IMO it is not worth diccking around with it unless you know what you are doing. I just took my self propelled lawn mower to a place, they cleaned the carburetor, changed the sparkplug and cable and adjusted things, ,  now it runs like new, Cost 900 baht 

2 hours ago, Orangutan said:

Are there any carburetor cleaning additives that I could add to my gasoline to clean the gunk out of my carburetor, recommendations are appreciate it.

No. Manually spraying the throttle valve and venturi with carb cleaner will yield the best results. If the inside is dirty from standing for a long time remove the float bowl and clean it out. 

Replacement carbs are available on Lazada.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Take to your local bike shop, they will take it apart and put an airline though all the carb bits and clean it.

I have a grass strimmer that was playing up I knew it was the carb tried cleaning it myself, still playing up, took to my local bike shop they took it apart used an airline, now good as new this was a few months ago now. I think it was 200 baht

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/27/2023 at 8:59 PM, kickstart said:

Take to your local bike shop, they will take it apart and put an airline though all the carb bits and clean it.

I have a grass strimmer that was playing up I knew it was the carb tried cleaning it myself, still playing up, took to my local bike shop they took it apart used an airline, now good as new this was a few months ago now. I think it was 200 baht

I used to do that but now I just buy a new carb for 130 baht and throw the old ones away.

On 7/27/2023 at 6:41 PM, Orangutan said:

Do they work?  Are there any carburetor cleaning additives that I could add to my gasoline to clean the gunk out of my carburetor, recommendations are appreciate it. 
(15 yr. old Yamaha, nouveau, 135)

Hong Thong or Blend?