Internet Banking On Your PC/Tablet Is Still Available at Bangkok Bank

paddypower

Just now, lopburi3 said:

I indeed had less at 75 than now but find smart phones too much of a PIA to bother with (have made several tries).  They change response at the slightest mis hit and become almost impossible to restore - can understand why uses can not take their eyes off them - NTSC (US TV color system which as been called Never Twice the Same Color).  Phone almost always changing response/display.  And at this point my eyesight is just not up to the challenge.

6 year old Huawei phone, same colours every time, no problem pressing the correct buttons.

Have you tried Specsavers? 555

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

KEEP IT SIMPLE???

Private hotspot in public places when you say you do your online banking at home? Screen capturing and sending it to yourself?

Printing a hard copy (save the trees)?

There are much easier ways.

I put it badly. I travel in NST, Surathani, Phuket and I work when I am in restaurants, or at a hotel, where the internet is NOT secure. . So I am not at home 50% of the time. also I only print hard copy when absolutely necessary (eg international banking, crypto). otherwise I save the screen capture as a picture on Win 11.  I've been a tree hugger since when i lived in BC Canada in the 1970's/80's early 90's - one of the worse governments for granting licences to clear cut forests. Don't shoot from the lip, please ????

6 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

6 year old Huawei phone, same colours every time, no problem pressing the correct buttons.

Have you tried Specsavers? 555

But many of us develop medical conditions that no glasses can restore as we run the life journey.

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2023 at 10:09 PM, treetops said:

It's not an app.  It's their web interface.

The "i" in ibanking is for internet, or web based.  The "m" in mbanking is for mobile, or app based.

I can't find a way to pay my PEA bill using Bangkok Bank m-Banking but they will accept i-Banking.

You'd think it would be the other way around with most people using smart phones.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, paddypower said:

I put it badly. I travel in NST, Surathani, Phuket and I work when I am in restaurants, or at a hotel, where the internet is NOT secure. ????

Yes, the connection is not secure but the app has end to end encryption.

28 minutes ago, nahkit said:

I can't find a way to pay my PEA bill using Bangkok Bank m-Banking but they will accept i-Banking.

You'd think it would be the other way around with most people using smart phones.

I pay mine via PEA app, which the goes off to i Banking app and hey presto, it is done.

3BB app does not offer that facility so you either go to 3BB webpage, or do it direct via Bkk Bank.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I pay mine via PEA app, which the goes off to i Banking app and hey presto, it is done.

3BB app does not offer that facility so you either go to 3BB webpage, or do it direct via Bkk Bank.

You can sign up with PEA to have automatic debits go thru' your bank. Plus, there is a safety feature - as PEA will send you a text message to your mobile, telling you how much is payable. This allows you to check that your bank balance is sufficient to cover the debit. I do this for my PEA accounts for 2 properties. PM me if you want to know how to set up the auto debit.

Edited by paddypower
spell

26 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Yes, the connection is not secure but the app has end to end encryption.

But - seriously experienced Cisco programmer couple, who are friends have advised me to never use a hotspot for financial work. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

20 minutes ago, paddypower said:

But - seriously experienced Cisco programmer couple, who are friends have advised me to never use a hotspot for financial work. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I think they are warning you against human error, rather than the possibility of someone intercepting your encrypted communication between your bank. It's not difficult to setup some rogue webpage that you may imitate something you may be familiar with and unwittingly you enter certain credentials which could leave you venerable.

However, if part of your security measures is 100% not doing banking on public wifi, then that's great! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

As I said in another post, on your Windows PC go to your bank's website, log in, then press Alt+F, Applications on the right, and install as an app. You can do this with all banks, radio & TV stations or anything.

That depends entirely which browser you are using. Only Vivaldi will "appify" a website that I know of.

And what is the advantage of thus created "app", that will only open a customized version of the browser directly to the webpage, versus opening from bookmarks. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KannikaP said:

As I said in another post, on your Windows PC go to your bank's website, log in, then press Alt+F, Applications on the right, and install as an app

Sorta tough to do when your bank no longer has a web app to log in to.  ????

If I'm missing something, let me know.  I'm not being facetious. I'm actually interested. 
Also - Windows 10?  Windows 11? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, I can understand that. However, I will also give you the solution. Today there are actually quite big keyboards that can be connected by bluetooth to a smart phone, and if you care to have a fairly new monitor or even a 32-75 inch smart TV, then you can cast the screen on thoose. Just a solution my friend.

The concept of attaching my Samsung to a keyboard and monitor seems more hassle than I'm willing to expend.  Imho, it only works if you're monitor is then connected to your phone in a way that you can use a finger to navigate.
Personally I just detest the technology.  And it is not physical disability friendly by any means.

• Haha 1

On 7/29/2023 at 3:57 PM, thaiowl said:

After reading this, I might open a Bangkok Bank account. Both SCB and KTB have recently discontinued their web-based service and Internet banking is only available via their mobile apps. i much prefer using my MacBook for Internet banking. Hopefully, Bangkok Bank won't follow suit and close their web-based service .

Don't think Bangkok Bank isn't going to ditch the Bualuang web app soon.  My guess is they probably will as the writing is on the wall.

4 hours ago, paddypower said:

You can sign up with PEA to have automatic debits go thru' your bank.

Auto Debits have been available for a long while - and it will be a cold day in Hell the day I chose to allow a corporate entity to debit my bank account.  Like - Never.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

And what is the advantage of thus created "app", that will only open a customized version of the browser directly to the webpage, versus opening from bookmarks. 

And therein lies the rub as Shakespeare may say.

It doesn't "download an app" but simply provides a custom web portal.  It's still "web-based."

3 minutes ago, connda said:

Auto Debits have been available for a long while - and it will be a cold day in Hell the day I chose to allow a corporate entity to debit my bank account.  Like - Never.

imagine you are 82+; you forgot to have kids; you are not computer/mobile literate and your husband has passed on....that is the scenario I have planned for.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, paddypower said:

imagine you are 82+; you forgot to have kids; you are not computer/mobile literate and your husband has passed on....that is the scenario I have planned for.

Ok

20 minutes ago, connda said:

Don't think Bangkok Bank isn't going to ditch the Bualuang web app soon.  My guess is they probably will as the writing is on the wall.

I thought the writing was on the wall for K-Cyber, Kasikorns web based portal, but they seem to rebranded it to K-Biz. The website now generates a 2FA QR code which adds an extra layer of security. I haven't really checked or used the service recently, but in the past preferred it to the mobile app. Just checking in to the web based system, I was surprised to see they have just have updated the service, maybe for once they understand a need for this kind of service for some customers. 

• Like 1

I made a transfer last week, using SCB EASY. I noticed 2 changes to the info. I used to receive: .1. (this is a repeat) I did not get a text message on my mobile, advising me of the transfer details (account# and amount) and to contact the bank if the details were wrong ; 2. I did not get an email Alert - it used to look like this '' Re: Alert from SCB Easy Net: Automatic notice of transaction - account # of transferee and amount''. In my opinion, SCB Internet banking services have gone to hell. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I thought the writing was on the wall for K-Cyber, Kasikorns web based portal, but they seem to rebranded it to K-Biz. The website now generates a 2FA QR code which adds an extra layer of security. I haven't really checked or used the service recently, but in the past preferred it to the mobile app. Just checking in to the web based system, I was surprised to see they have just have updated the service, maybe for once they understand a need for this kind of service for some customers. 

Thanks for this. I must test/try to do a transfer, or pay a bill, with BBL. Also, I'll call them to find out if they will keep the web based system.

6 hours ago, paddypower said:

this is in jest, ok?   yours is very imaginative - thanks. Isn't that that a bit like the tail wagging the dog.? . (i) no way I will shove my Surface tablet into a drawer and lug a monitor and keyboard around, when travelling? 555  (ii) I do not want to spend my money unnecessarily -  just because those bunts at SCB  decided to cut costs. ????

Ok, up to you. Option 2: Change bank

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, paddypower said:

try satisfying your gf 555

Actually, it can work quite good with one partner lefthanded. Had a lefthanded girlfriend once. It worked quite well in some situations.... :thumbsup: Sorry for off topic attempt at humor. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

Only Vivaldi will "appify" a website that I know of.

I do not think it anything to do with your browser. I use Edge & Chrome, and all my banks, plus many other webpages are 'appified' using either.

2 hours ago, elfpattaya said:

3BB app, you can use the OR code, accepted by Bangkok bank.

There is only a Bar Code on my 3BB invoice, not recognised by my Bkk Bank app. Easier to input the Invoice number into the bank app by hand once a month.

Edited by KannikaP

1 hour ago, connda said:

Sorta tough to do when your bank no longer has a web app to log in to.  ????

If I'm missing something, let me know.  I'm not being facetious. I'm actually interested. 
Also - Windows 10?  Windows 11? 

W10 worked for me perfectly, as does W11 now on two different PCs.

• Like 1