Internet Banking On Your PC/Tablet Is Still Available at Bangkok Bank

paddypower

30 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I do not think it anything to do with your browser. I use Edge & Chrome, and all my banks, plus many other webpages are 'appified' using either.

Again, what is the point? you can use bookmarks for that.

Just now, SpaceKadet said:

I don't use Edge, and it seems much more complex than just Alt-F as said. Vivaldi will do it in one click.

Read the article and do some googling.  It is almost all browsers can do what you claim and BKK has an app and a website anyway!

2 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Read the article and do some googling.  It is almost all browsers can do what you claim and BKK has an app and a website anyway!

I tried it with my FireFox ESR... no luck.... Will Opera do it?

Edited by SpaceKadet

I really understand the concerns aired by some members here.

I have 3 banking apps on my phone, BKK bank, my offshore bank, and my other European bank. All of them are much more difficult to navigate, and show much less information than their websites. Perhaps not surprising, as all the apps seem to be written by Millennials or GenZ.

That's what we call progress..... When I was young it took 4 hours to cross the Atlantic. Now it takes 9.

And who said that the phone app would be more secure? How easy is it to lose your phone or get it stolen?

Try that with my 30kg PC at home.

• Like 2

Some posts trolling in a foreign language and the replies have been removed:

3. English is the only permitted language anywhere on ASEAN NOW, except within the Thai language forum, where using Thai is allowed. Short Thai translations of technical terms are permitted in specialty forums. While we make allowances for members who do not speak English as their first language, we expect everyone to make an effort to post in a manner that allows others to understand their posts. As an international forum we have members from many countries in the world, and English is not the first language of every poster.

15 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

Again, what is the point? you can use bookmarks for that.

Some websites will NOT connect via a bookmark. My banks do luckily, as do many of my sites, but I probably imagine that they connect more quickly! 

15 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

I really understand the concerns aired by some members here.

I have 3 banking apps on my phone, BKK bank, my offshore bank, and my other European bank. All of them are much more difficult to navigate, and show much less information than their websites. Perhaps not surprising, as all the apps seem to be written by Millennials or GenZ.

That's what we call progress..... When I was young it took 4 hours to cross the Atlantic. Now it takes 9.

And who said that the phone app would be more secure? How easy is it to lose your phone or get it stolen?

Try that with my 30kg PC at home.

bit off topic: I dumped my last PC. due to rust (25 years of living in beach houses (no A/C's as the work desk is the dining table). My internal hard drives would fail, once too often. Large memory external hard drives used to be incredibly expensive - and they rusted out too. .  I replaced the PC box with a Surface Pro tablet, as soon as the first model came out. You reminded me of the only problem I have; due to laziness, i never put it in a case.  So its slate grey casing makes it easy to leave behind at a restaurant. (I'm forgetful ???? ) I often think of sticking a Red Hot Chili Peppers label on the casing. There was a Ferrari case available; cost an arm and a leg ????. Someone's going to make a fortune one day when they manufacture tablet covers that you can slide your tablet into,  similar to what you can do with your mobile phone case. the choices could be endless - Man U/City, Liverpool, Ferrari and so on.

16 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, up to you. Option 2: Change bank

there are 2 versions of the OP - first one appears to have confused people (my bad) and a 2nd plain english version. try re-reading....as I  posted that I would  change banks.  I have done so. btw, who do you bank with? ????

On 7/28/2023 at 9:55 PM, khunPer said:

I have both Bangkok Bank and SCB; Bangkok Bank works on both app and PC Internet banking. SCB unfortunately only has app now, which is less convenient than using a PC. I also considers to move some of my accounts away from SCB.

Hello Folks, Concerning SCBEasy.net.  I tried last night and of course the banner (all in Thai) came up that the SCBEasy.net had been discontinued on 07/15/23, after a few try's, was able to download the mobile app - but there is an accessability setting on my phone that I need, but blocks the app from opening.  I am not in Thailand at this time, don't expect to get back till end of year............question is, how can I continue to check my balances if the mobile app won't open??  Any ideas.........would save me a lot of anxiety - always checked at least once a week on the scbeasy.net site on my computer - never use my phone for anything 'cept talk n text, once in awhile for new or directions.  Cheers

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Some websites will NOT connect via a bookmark. My banks do luckily, as do many of my sites, but I probably imagine that they connect more quickly! 

Unless your browser is set to clear history on close then typing the first letter or two will show that site in the address field. No bookmark needed.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, No Forwarding Address said:

Hello Folks, Concerning SCBEasy.net.  I tried last night and of course the banner (all in Thai) came up that the SCBEasy.net had been discontinued on 07/15/23, after a few try's, was able to download the mobile app - but there is an accessability setting on my phone that I need, but blocks the app from opening.  I am not in Thailand at this time, don't expect to get back till end of year............question is, how can I continue to check my balances if the mobile app won't open??  Any ideas.........would save me a lot of anxiety - always checked at least once a week on the scbeasy.net site on my computer - never use my phone for anything 'cept talk n text, once in awhile for new or directions.  Cheers

Seems they didn't consider overseas customers. Typical. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KannikaP said:

That's very strange. Never came across a website that would not open from bookmarks. 

5 hours ago, No Forwarding Address said:

You need for security reasons to be data-online by wireless phone connection, not WiFi. I had to disconnect WiFi, as that is preferred over wireless phone. Then I could register with my passport-number and OTPs. The screen started in thai language and could not be changed – I needed a Thai helper, luckily my daughter had already installed the SCB-app last year – and when registered the app can be changed to English language. After registration the app will work with WiFi. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, paddypower said:

there are 2 versions of the OP - first one appears to have confused people (my bad) and a 2nd plain english version. try re-reading....as I  posted that I would  change banks.  I have done so. btw, who do you bank with? ????

Bangkok Bank

• Like 1