Internet Banking On Your PC/Tablet Is Still Available at Bangkok Bank

paddypower

I just completed some tests yesterday - a transfer from my SCB mobile app to my Bualuang Banking (Bangkok Bank). I then opened the app on my tablet (Win 11) where I have their ibanking app.  The good news is that they have retained this app (in addition to their mobile app). You can use it on your computer/tablet. they don't have a branch in my village. but if all works well - I am moving. I'll keep one of my 3 SCB accounts, because of how  well the staff treat my wife and I, over the past 17 years. and ..... the girls are so pretty ???? 555

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Of course it´s still available.

It’s a bit difficult to understand the OP, but in my recent experience with kasikorn. My phone, is on its way out. I downloaded an app on an iPad. It can also only be used with mobile data in the initial run, I can’t use the web based system because I need to scan a QR code with my phone with its partial screen and dodgy camera. It seems banks are hearing to mobile data apps maybe because of the increased security offered. I have had to resort to using cash at times. Anyway, all is good, the girls at SCB are prettier. Life is good.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, treetops said:

It's not an app.  It's their web interface.

The "i" in ibanking is for internet, or web based.  The "m" in mbanking is for mobile, or app based.

Thanks for clarifying that. One way or the other - I am happy as a pig in $hit to be able to bank online with my Surface Pro. btw, I used SCB EASY to make a transfer 2 days ago. For the first time in 10+ years, I did not receive a text message, on my mobile, asking me to confirm the transfer. Ain't that weird and a real security flaw? 

I will try to post a more easy to understand version of my OP.             STEP 1: I transferred money from my SCB account. I had to use SBC EASY on my mobile. The transfer went to my account at Bangkok Bank. STEP 2: I then logged on to Bangkok Bank, on my tablet (Win 11).  I then made a transfer to a 3rd party bank, successfully, using my PC.       Excuse the original confusing way I posted this.

Edited by paddypower
spell

14 hours ago, treetops said:

It's not an app.  It's their web interface.

The "i" in ibanking is for internet, or web based.  The "m" in mbanking is for mobile, or app based.

If you open say, the Bkk Bank on your browser in W11, alt+F, then applications and hit install this as an app. Done

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/28/2023 at 9:22 AM, recom273 said:

It’s a bit difficult to understand the OP, but in my recent experience with kasikorn. My phone, is on its way out. I downloaded an app on an iPad. It can also only be used with mobile data in the initial run, I can’t use the web based system because I need to scan a QR code with my phone with its partial screen and dodgy camera. It seems banks are hearing to mobile data apps maybe because of the increased security offered. I have had to resort to using cash at times. Anyway, all is good, the girls at SCB are prettier. Life is good.

It's more difficult to understand your comment than the OP!  What does this mean?...

"...in my recent experience with kasikorn. My phone, is on its way out".

• Haha 1

I used to be able to use the Bangkok Bank app on both my iPad and iPhone but a changed policy limits you to just one of these devices (your choice). With QR pay I think most would pick their phone. This change was confirmed to me when I got a new bank book a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

After reading this, I might open a Bangkok Bank account. Both SCB and KTB have recently discontinued their web-based service and Internet banking is only available via their mobile apps. i much prefer using my MacBook for Internet banking. Hopefully, Bangkok Bank won't follow suit and close their web-based service .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, connda said:

Smartphones are a young pup's world.  I don't want anything to do with them personally.

I am 75 and been using a Smartphone for almost 15 years, and a dumb phone before that.

They are part of modern living, and can be used as an asset and not a hindrance if YOU keep what you do on it safe. Only install apps which you REALLY need.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It's more difficult to understand your comment than the OP!  What does this mean?...

"...in my recent experience with kasikorn. My phone, is on its way out".

Have you never heard “on its way out” ?the phone doesn’t always work, I need to buy a new one. 

lol .. I just read it. I will simplify.

My Phone isn’t too healthy.

The kasikorn app doesn’t allow you to use wifi on the initial setup, so that rules out installing the app on my iPad.

They still have a web based app, but when you try to transfer money, you need to confirm by taking a photo of the qr code. My phone seems to have developed a mind it it’s own and closes the camera and banking apps down on it own.

Edited by recom273
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, connda said:

I thinks he's writing this because Siam Commercial Bank (SCB Easy) just trashed their computer-based application which now only available via mobile phones. 
Like this guy, I prefer using a computer based application as my ageing fingers simple don't do mobile application keyboards and my eyes don't do the little screens.

I just topped up my Bangkok Bank debit card account with some THB in order to use the Bualuang web-based application for transfers to individuals and retailers. (I knew I needed to keep that account around for a reason).
These banks don't take in account elderly individuals with dexterity problems.  But then again?  Thailand doesn't seem to care much for disability inflicted persons in general.  Do they?

My computer screen?  Large - to accommodate my failing vision.
My computer keyboard? A device I can still use with trembling fingers unlike those da*m smart-phone suckola keyboards.  I can still type at 40 words per minute.  I'm lucky if its 10 words a minute on a smart-phone.  Plus, cut/copy-and-paste is a hassle with shaking fingers.
My mouse?  A device to place a cursor where my shaking hand simply can't perform.

Smartphones are a young pup's world.  I don't want anything to do with them personally.

Ok, I can understand that. However, I will also give you the solution. Today there are actually quite big keyboards that can be connected by bluetooth to a smart phone, and if you care to have a fairly new monitor or even a 32-75 inch smart TV, then you can cast the screen on thoose. Just a solution my friend.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, paddypower said:

would appreciate it if you would go into more details ......what is still available?????

Oh no problem. in this thread we are talking about Internet Banking.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, I can understand that. However, I will also give you the solution. Today there are actually quite big keyboards that can be connected by bluetooth to a smart phone, and if you care to have a fairly new monitor or even a 32-75 inch smart TV, then you can cast the screen on thoose. Just a solution my friend.

this is in jest, ok?   yours is very imaginative - thanks. Isn't that that a bit like the tail wagging the dog.? . (i) no way I will shove my Surface tablet into a drawer and lug a monitor and keyboard around, when travelling? 555  (ii) I do not want to spend my money unnecessarily -  just because those bunts at SCB  decided to cut costs. ????

Edited by paddypower
speling
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I am 75 and been using a Smartphone for almost 15 years, and a dumb phone before that.

They are part of modern living, and can be used as an asset and not a hindrance if YOU keep what you do on it safe. Only install apps which you REALLY need.

But your 15 years gave you experience - for us using mouse controls on computers and phone for voice it is not a time in life to make such a change.  The screen is too small and often does not even know we are human (no touch screen response to our dry/cracked fingers).  So we can not see or adjust screen display - much less type letters/numbers.  But if we forget phone (our memories are also on fade) could be serious loss involved.  I will stick to computer and dumb phone by choice - and fully appreciate I am in the minority.  But let us pass before you remove ability to even bank.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

As I said in another post, on your Windows PC go to your bank's website, log in, then press Alt+F, Applications on the right, and install as an app. You can do this with all banks, radio & TV stations or anything.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KannikaP said:

me too, age wise. yes, my mobile is in use all the time - especially when i use my private hotspot option, in public places (i do a lot of banking and investing). here's the thing - I like a big tablet screen at home, to do my online banking. solution such as screen capturing your bank transactions on your phone and then sending it to yourself so that you can print a hard copy at home......... whatever happened to the KISS principle (Keep it simple, stupid) ? That's not a personal remark, btw.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

But your 15 years gave you experience - for us using mouse controls on computers and phone for voice it is not a time in life to make such a change.  The screen is too small and often does not even know we are human (no touch screen response to our dry/cracked fingers).  So we can not see or adjust screen display - much less type letters/numbers.  But if we forget phone (our memories are also on fade) could be serious loss involved.  I will stick to computer and dumb phone by choice - and fully appreciate I am in the minority.  But let us pass before you remove ability to even bank.

I am so happy that, at 75, I do not have any of your problems with PC, phone, fingers or banking app. Cheers.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Give that he/she/it/them/they 10 upticks 555

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I am so happy that, at 75, I do not have any of your problems with PC, phone, fingers or banking app. Cheers.

you will, one day - as sure as Gd made little green apples. ????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paddypower said:

me too, age wise. yes, my mobile is in use all the time - especially when i use my private hotspot option, in public places (i do a lot of banking and investing). here's the thing - I like a big tablet screen at home, to do my online banking. solution such as screen capturing your bank transactions on your phone and then sending it to yourself so that you can print a hard copy at home......... whatever happened to the KISS principle (Keep it simple, stupid) ? That's not a personal remark, btw.

KEEP IT SIMPLE???

Private hotspot in public places when you say you do your online banking at home? Screen capturing and sending it to yourself?

Printing a hard copy (save the trees)?

There are much easier ways.

Just now, KannikaP said:

I indeed had less at 75 than now but find smart phones too much of a PIA to bother with (have made several tries).  They change response at the slightest mis hit and become almost impossible to restore - can understand why uses can not take their eyes off them - NTSC (US TV color system which as been called Never Twice the Same Color).  Phone almost always changing response/display.  And at this point my eyesight is just not up to the challenge.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, thaiowl said:

After reading this, I might open a Bangkok Bank account. Both SCB and KTB have recently discontinued their web-based service and Internet banking is only available via their mobile apps. i much prefer using my MacBook for Internet banking. Hopefully, Bangkok Bank won't follow suit and close their web-based service .

I'll call the Internet Service centre and ask, as I am in the process of switching from SCB to Bankkok Bank (aka (Bualuang).