Climate change: July set to be world's warmest month on record

Social Media

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

geez, not another 100 "I don't care" posts about Global Warming.

It was to match your 100 "woe is me, we are all doomed" posts.

Most of this thread is you trashing 'deniers', but you never actually say why it matters if other people believe or deny.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

It was to match your 100 "woe is me, we are all doomed" posts.

I am not suggesting that we are all doomed.

At some point, when enough Deniers die off from old age, the bulk of the population will react to obvious problems caused by global warming and do something about excess carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Don't think anyone in India and China is gonna change their lives (or any part of their lives) to suit your bogus climate alarmist religion.

How China beat everyone to be world leader in electric vehicles

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2023/07/18/business/tech/china-world-leader-electric-vehicles/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

How China beat everyone to be world leader in electric vehicles

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2023/07/18/business/tech/china-world-leader-electric-vehicles/

Which is doing what exactly to help the environment? 

They continue to build coal-fired generating facilities to charge them. 

More Kool-Aid? 

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Don't drink cool aid just report the facts

Actually, you do not report "facts", you regurgitate what others report. 

I bet you did not even read it. Google-up an article and post a link. 

Stay the course! 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Actually, you do not report "facts", you regurgitate what others report. 

I bet you did not even read it. Google-up an article and post a link. 

Stay the course! 

So lets see what we have so far, You bet I drink kool aid, ("More Kool-Aid?") you bet I didn't even read the article to the link I posted ("I bet you did not even read it") and you tell me to then Google an article link and post it.  :saai:

4 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Which is doing what exactly to help the environment? 

They continue to build coal-fired generating facilities to charge them. 

More Kool-Aid? 

Although China has diversified its energy supplies and has replaced some oil and coal use with cleaner burning fuels in recent years, hydroelectric sources (8%), natural gas (9%), nuclear power (2%), and non-hydro renewables (7%) accounted for relatively small shares of China’s energy mix. However, natural gas, nuclear power, and renewable energy consumption are steadily increasing.

Electric cars can take advantage of clean electricity. Gas guzzlers cannot.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

what part of atmospheric physics is bogus?

Irrelevant to what he said.

The Chicken Littles of the world can run around saying the planet is getting hotter as much as they like, but most will respond with a "so what?". Doesn't matter if it's true, doesn't matter what caused it; most will not do anything if it's going to cost them.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Most people on the planet are only alive because oil powered vehicles were used to grow food and transport it to them. That's not going to change any time soon.

• Haha 1

World breaches key 1.5C warming mark for record number of days

On about a third of days in 2023, the average global temperature was at least 1.5C higher than pre-industrial levels.

Staying below that marker long-term is widely considered crucial to avoid the most damaging impacts of climate change.

But 2023 is "on track" to be the hottest year on record, and 2024 could be hotter.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-66857354

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Irrelevant to what he said.

The Chicken Littles of the world can run around saying the planet is getting hotter as much as they like, but most will respond with a "so what?". Doesn't matter if it's true, doesn't matter what caused it; most will not do anything if it's going to cost them.

I experienced the impact change on agriculture in southern California.  Vineyards are now desert because they aren't productive anymore.

20 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I experienced the impact change on agriculture in southern California.  Vineyards are now desert because they aren't productive anymore.

So what? Nothing stays the same.

Only the willfully blind think nothing changes.

Any species that can't adapt will die.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So what? Nothing stays the same.

Only the willfully blind think nothing changes.

Any species that can't adapt will die.

So, according to your logic, any damage caused by climate changed can be brushed off because "climate always changes". So, even though scientists 40 years ago predicted this warming, and the mechanism of the warming is understood, you will go to your grave never believing that the warming is man-made.

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

So, according to your logic, any damage caused by climate changed can be brushed off because "climate always changes". So, even though scientists 40 years ago predicted this warming, and the mechanism of the warming is understood, you will go to your grave never believing that the warming is man-made.

and in those 40 years governments did nothing to prepare.

You are right in that I will probably never believe that climate change is caused by my car.

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

During that transition no one was saying the world would end if they didn't replace horses.

Actually,  there was great fear expressed in the 1890s that the increase in the number of horses in NYC would lead to the streets being flooded with horse<deleted> within 20 years.

12 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

This nonsense again about your "vineyard" at Salton Sea? 

The only think California agriculture is suffering from is the lefts abandonment of water and forest management to promote their green idiocy. 

Clearly you have a profound understanding of how California's agriculture industry didn't indulge in a massive waste of water resources. Which doesn't continue until this day. Oh...wait a minute

https://www.sacbee.com/opinion/op-ed/article251019169.html

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

This nonsense again about your "vineyard" at Salton Sea? 

The only think California agriculture is suffering from is the lefts abandonment of water and forest management to promote their green idiocy. 

Plenty of water for the vineyard, but no forest to manage.

Surrounding vineyards are being torn up because of the failure of the grape harvest, due to overlay warm winter (grapes want below freezing temperatures in winter).

50 years ago, the harvest began in late June, now it can start in April.

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

Clearly you have a profound understanding of how California's agriculture industry didn't indulge in a massive waste of water resources. Which doesn't continue until this day. Oh...wait a minute

https://www.sacbee.com/opinion/op-ed/article251019169.html

Wow, an opinion piece that supports my opinion on how poorly California manages its water, thanks!

7 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Wow, an opinion piece that supports my opinion on how poorly California manages its water, thanks!

Here is what you wrote:

"The only think California agriculture is suffering from is the lefts abandonment of water and forest management to promote their green idiocy. "

What is there in the article I linked to that supports your claim that it's the fault of the left and their green idiocy?