Former Trump official blasts DOJ for issuing ‘vindictive and petty’ new charges

Social Media

image.png

Former Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker criticized special counsel Jack Smith after he laid three additional charges against former President Trump in a superseding indictment this week, calling the move “vindictive and petty.”

“I think this last round of charges, to supersede this indictment, was to try to punish Donald Trump,” Whitaker said in a Fox News interview on Saturday

Smith originally indicted Trump on 37 counts related to mishandling of classified information at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Fla. The three additional counts relate to alleged attempts by Trump’s aides to delete security footage of the classified information being moved around the club.

“It seems to me a little vindictive and petty,” he added. “The reason why I would say that is because these charges do not add anything, other than a new defendant, to a potential sentence if President Trump does get convicted.”

Longtime Trump aide Walt Nauta was also charged in the original indictment alongside Mar-a-Lago club manager Carlos De Oliveira — who is a new addition to the case.

Smith is also leading a separate investigation into Trump’s actions around the Jan. 6, 2021, riot on the Capitol and attempts by the former president and his team to overturn the 2020 election.

FULL STORY

THE-HILL.png

• Haha 2

Wonder why they haven’t pulled his passport yet and made him post a bond old Donnie is toast very very burnt toast.obstructing and trying to destroy evidence not to mention sharing the documents with god only knows who!petty vindictive oh pleeeaseee that’s bad ju ju old Donnie’s got himself into some serious deep deep do do 

Edited by Tug
  • Like 1