Skype? How do 'spammers' get my number.

connda

I log on to Skype every day simply to "mow the lawn," which is essentially blocking unwanted chat and telephone calls, reporting them as Spam or Fraud, and blocking them.

How do these fools get my Skype number in the first place?

1 hour ago, connda said:

blocking unwanted chat and telephone calls

Are you talking about connecting to your Skype name or do you have a paid for Skype number?

If the former just go to settings, Privacy and block anything from people not in you contact list -

Capture.thumb.JPG.a835c4e69ac2eb8b497670981f4560ba.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

More than Skype numbers.

This morning I changed my password on a site I use sometimes for reaearch.

Within 5 minutes I got a message from that site:

1. We confirm the change of your password and you can use it now.

2. In same message. We have discovered the new password you have given to out site is the same as the password you use on many other sites.

How do they know 2?

4 minutes ago, topt said:

Are you talking about connecting to your Skype name or do you have a paid for Skype number?

If the former just go to settings, Privacy and block anything from people not in you contact list -

Capture.thumb.JPG.a835c4e69ac2eb8b497670981f4560ba.JPG

Of course Skype to Skype is free, as are What's App, Messenger, Themes, X etc. to both phones and PCs. 

With Microsoft 365, you get 100 minutes included for all members of your 'family' plus 1 GB of cloud storage for your 5 family members. Not bad for $90 a year.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

More than Skype numbers.

This morning I changed my password on a site I use sometimes for reaearch.

Within 5 minutes I got a message from that site:

1. We confirm the change of your password and you can use it now.

2. In same message. We have discovered the new password you have given to out site is the same as the password you use on many other sites.

How do they know 2?

You've been hacked. Better change ALL your passwords!

Edited by KannikaP
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Of course Skype to Skype is free, as are What's App, Messenger, Themes, X etc. to both phones and PCs. 

With Microsoft 365, you get 100 minutes included for all members of your 'family' plus 1 GB of cloud storage for your 5 family members. Not bad for $90 a year.

Are you advertising....rhetorical question of course but I fail to see what your post has to do with my reply or the Ops question...........? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, topt said:

Are you advertising....rhetorical question of course but I fail to see what your post has to do with my reply or the Ops question...........? 

No advertising, sorry. I simply use Skype as a very useful tool, easier than a lot of the others. But at the end of the day, it's only chat & txt to someone else.