Looking For Non-tourist Bars In Patong

chiang mai

I'm newly arrived in Patong and living on the hillside above Nanai Road and looking for good local expat bars to drink beer, play pool, meet other expats. Any recommendations gratefully received. If it helps I'm married to a Thai and have lived in Thailand for quite a few years.

Edited by chiang mai

Hi and welcome to Phuket !

Not sure of specifics in Patong , however a suggestion....

If you look in the gazzette , look for the local pool,dart leagues pretty sure the bars that have a team will be frequented by the locals.

P.s Alot of local bars down Chalong and up towards Chetntalay, mainly ex-pats frequent them.

there seem to be a few newbies (sorry, i dont really like that term but dont know what else to put in there in my hungover state today) in phuket at the moment. im currently in bkk but will be back down there again in a month or so. maybe we can have a little drinkies night when i get back?

of course, feel free to arrange your own. just post a time, place, date and see who turns up.

i have been on a little tour of the country lately. i did that in chiang mai, had a few turn up. last night in bkk a few of us got together. all most people want is for someone to make the first move.

there seem to be a few newbies (sorry, i dont really like that term but dont know what else to put in there in my hungover state today) in phuket at the moment. im currently in bkk but will be back down there again in a month or so. maybe we can have a little drinkies night when i get back?

of course, feel free to arrange your own. just post a time, place, date and see who turns up.

i have been on a little tour of the country lately. i did that in chiang mai, had a few turn up. last night in bkk a few of us got together. all most people want is for someone to make the first move.

Donna. Good idea and as an esteemed Mod., how about progressing your suggestion with a new thread (and date/time/central venue)?

Donna. Good idea and as an esteemed Mod., how about progressing your suggestion with a new thread (and date/time/central venue)?

Excellent suggestion, it gets my vote.

well, i am in bkk for a month so i will not be able to attend anyway. if you want something in the next few weeks, why not just start your own post? find a pub, pick a date and write a post? its pretty easy.

if you dont want to do it, it will have to wait until i am back in phuket in the middle of next month.

can i suggest friendship beach as a good venue anyway? right on the beach, good food. cold drinks. good if people have kids. open day or night.

jeez you boys are sissys! waiting for the girl to make the first move!

ok, ok. I will find a date and arrange it. but all it will be is a date, location and time. anyone who wants to come will be more than welcome and as sunday will more than likely be my day off, i will make it for either saturday night or a sunday session.

it wont be a Thai Visa sponsored event, so anyone who turns up just pays for their own drinks etc (feel free to buy for me as i am the supermoderator and organiser! :o:D:D )

stand by for more info.....

yeah well just make sure that some single blokes come along will you.

thats all i ask. and the drinks.

I'll bring my dad, he's in fine form and remarkably fit for 93 and he does have an eye for the ladies.

Offshore Corner of Nanai2

Ting Tong Bar opposite Hideaway

Celtic Bar near the Sai Nam Yen traffic light side.

Scotties on Sai Nam Yen

All locals / drinkers bars and no girl hassle.

:o quite funny really , think when most of us come here we enjoy the girls and wouldnt dream of going to a bar without the cuties running round, and yet stay a while and most avoid them like the plague :D

Scotties on Sai Nam Yen

:o quite funny really , think when most of us come here we enjoy the girls and wouldnt dream of going to a bar without the cuties running round, and yet stay a while and most avoid them like the plague :D

I think this is called becoming acclimatized or is desensitized!

I'm newly arrived in Patong and living on the hillside above Nanai Road and looking for good local expat bars to drink beer, play pool, meet other expats. Any recommendations gratefully received. If it helps I'm married to a Thai and have lived in Thailand for quite a few years.

Nanai Road area you have Beach House, Market bar & Offshore bar. Mainly very quiet at this time of the year.

A very popular place now is the Absolute bar in Jungcylon, starting to get a big expat crowd in there now, mainly due to the happy hour they do in the afternoons. Pool tables, air conditioned. Its at the back of Jungcylon with easy walking distance from the Nanai Road entrance.

well, i am in bkk for a month so i will not be able to attend anyway. if you want something in the next few weeks, why not just start your own post? find a pub, pick a date and write a post? its pretty easy.

if you dont want to do it, it will have to wait until i am back in phuket in the middle of next month.

can i suggest friendship beach as a good venue anyway? right on the beach, good food. cold drinks. good if people have kids. open day or night.

Please give 2-3 weeks notice the venue is good if there are family's. I would be interested to meet all these posters :o

Scotties on Sai Nam Yen

I think this is called becoming acclimatized or is desensitized!

aka Married.

Dirty Nellie's bar on Nanai Road, coming from Soi Nam Yen Rd it's on the right after the internet shop and 2 salons.

Pool table, darts, sports on the telly and always a friendly bunch of expats there.

They've recently installed Tiger on draft and I think they do the big bowsers of beer for 200bht.

Couple of good bars just after the turning going down towards Jungceylon from Nanai - the Highlander and Jambos (I think). As long as you can put up with boisterous Scottish expats. If you're quite a serious pool player, Highlander's the one.