Thai Tourism Sector Worried About Potential Street Protests if Unfavorable Government Takes Office

snoop1130

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Thai tourism sector is worried about the formation of the new government that might consist of parties that the majority don’t like.

that is why you hold elections in democracy - something Thailand is not getting right now, there is no democracy here

• Like 2

I doubt if the 2 week millionaires would know or give a toss about the political situation. (I was once one of this mob.)

Perhaps the top money paying would care.

Pattaya will still be Pattaya, Phuket will still be Phuket, etc, etc, etc.

Covid restrictions left some of my mates very hungry to return.

They will still (quickly) come for their 2 week Thai tirak.????????

• Like 1

This false concern would only be a factor in Bangkok. 

The greater percentage that are touring the rest of the country would never be aware of such potential protests/riots - because one won't find these activities going on throughout the country. 

Why is it that the media [and others] maintain the base ideals that everything that is BKK reflects the rest of the country?

Another non-news worthy story.

To be expected.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Thai tourism sector is worried about the formation of the new government that might consist of parties that the majority don’t like.

Starting to look like that's a certainty with Pheu Thai talking to anyone that will support them.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

If they are so worried, why didn't they stand up and lobby, and out pressure on the army appointed, fake senators? 

Because they're made up of the same material....belonging to the same club [TAT, media, etc]

• Haha 1

I think there would only be a problem if Prawit took the reigns but the media could always talk one up, whatever, the uncertainty is doing wonders for the Baht, its going from strength to strength.

Edited by soalbundy
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

If they are so worried, why didn't they stand up and lobby, and out pressure on the army appointed, fake senators? 

You mean get off their collective ar$e'$ and do something constructive and beneficial, maybe they could make LOS the hub lobby ????

11 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Starting to look like that's a certainty with Pheu Thai talking to anyone that will support them.

Makes sense, actually - anything that might put them in the driver's seat.

12 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

I doubt if the 2 week millionaires would know or give a toss about the political situation. (I was once one of this mob.)

Perhaps the top money paying would care.

Pattaya will still be Pattaya, Phuket will still be Phuket, etc, etc, etc.

Covid restrictions left some of my mates very hungry to return.

They will still (quickly) come for their 2 week Thai tirak.????????

Ah, sex-tourists, the backbone of any developing tourism economy.