Soi 15 Grand Avenue roadworks

mrblonde

I know 'how long is a piece of Thai string' but has anyone got any idea of a completion date for the mud-bath currently outside Grand Avenue and Korandos?  I am over in mid November and not sure whether to pack wellies or trainers...

Also, is there another entrance to Grand Avenue condos, apart from the one next to Korandos?  Is there a side or rear entrance to the complex?

7 hours ago, champers said:

A vlog I have seen today on YT says it should be finished this month.

Let is hope so, as someone says they are working hard at it, but these things always overspill into high season whatever effort they make!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, mrblonde said:

Also, is there another entrance to Grand Avenue condos, apart from the one next to Korandos?  Is there a side or rear entrance to the complex?

There's a road directly behind Grand Avenue Condo's but there's a 10 foot wall to climb over. Don't remember seeing any entrances other than the soi 15 one

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Very dangerous now with swinging steel beams overhead. 

What I have heard from business owners is that there is a contract where it has to be finished by the end of the month or penalties will be insured. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

They probably said we will finish in August (2024).

The other end Soi 15 2nd road,  started two years ago,  the other Soi Buakhao I was last night two ago they broke ground what it look last night you might be right LOL

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, thailand49 said:

The other end Soi 15 2nd road,  started two years ago,  the other Soi Buakhao I was last night two ago they broke ground what it look last night you might be right LOL

It virtually crept from 2nd Rd, a snail blindfolded moved better.....wonder the Mercure didn't go bankrupt. I don't recall a time there wasn't digging or ditches on soi 15.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It virtually crept from 2nd Rd, a snail blindfolded moved better.....wonder the Mercure didn't go bankrupt. I don't recall a time there wasn't digging or ditches on soi 15.

Just a observation from all the work being done. 

Sooner or later the constant digging they might get it right?  On 2nd road it looks like they are putting in the largest drains they can this time large enough to drive a mini cooper Soi 15 might be the only Soi in the area leads into 2nd to allow large drains placement allowing flooding water on Soi Buakhao to drain into Soi 15 then to 2nd, from 2nd the water will drain into all the other Soi heading West to Beach road and the ocean. The problem all the drain pipes on the other Sous are still the old 36 inch cement drains. The purpose of the larger drains is to be able to retain more water below until it can drain to the ocean. The of sight this out of mind giving the false impression problem solved? 

Like a full glass of water if it is high tide water won't drain therefore will spill out overflow will it be the case even with the larger drains. 

I look at 2nd road now the area finished is all uneven with many cars parked not parallel the resurfacing only looks like a temp job with more later to resurface. 

As you know on the Darkside there railroad bypass when build was smooth,  five year ongoing they have dug to put In big drains, resurface at best half ass, sinking cracking, sinkholes, with sand and gravel on left lane making it unusable for motorbikes this is Thailand 101 road work. ????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

As you know on the Darkside there railroad bypass when build was smooth,  five year ongoing they have dug to put In big drains, resurface at best half ass, sinking cracking, sinkholes, with sand and gravel on left lane making it unusable for motorbikes this is Thailand 101 road work.

I use the northern side of that a lot, Hwy 36 to SSCC Rd. I remember when it was built, great, a smooth fast way to avoid Sukhumvit. Just endured a long stretch of work on the Southbound side, putting drains in again......recently completed.... if you could call it that, like riding a roller coaster now.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks all. Saw another YT and it was looking better, at least from Grand Avenue going down towards the Avenue direction.  I’ve a little more faith now than I had 2 weeks ago, but anything could happen between now and mid November! 
thanks again guys

This is beyond a joke now. I live in middle of Soi 15 and both ends on 2nd road and Soi Bukhao are blocked off. My Airport taxi tried to take the small lane between soi Dianna and the soi 15 7/11 behind Avenue but became impossible due to traffic going both ways and you can't pass each other due to parked cars. 

Eventually went down dirt road behind Grand Avenue which makes Soi pothole look like a major road. I won't bother trying to catch a bolt.

The worst part is they had finished the 2nd road end in April 2022, now they dug it up again ????

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

@mrblonde

It can only get better by November when you arrive. Here is what it looks like right now in front of Centara and Grand Avenue. No access to cars or bikes through that

20230901_140647.jpg

20230901_140635.jpg

Cheers Pattaya57 - looks a nightmare.  I saw a YT video about 10 days ago either PattayaJoe or David Strachan I think and directly outside Grand Avenue looked level.  Still got 10 weeks til we are out (me and Mrsblonde) so hoping they’ve finished it by then.  Can always cut through Areca Lodge if need be, but I was hoping we could head up and through Boomerang instead for obvious reasons ????

15 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

It can only get better by November when you arrive. Here is what it looks like right now in front of Centara and Grand Avenue. No access to cars or bikes through that

It might well be even prettier today as we got a good dose of rain yesterday. 

• Haha 2

On 8/6/2023 at 2:06 PM, thailand49 said:

Sooner or later the constant digging they might get it right?

You think?? Yesterday I was driving down beach road, in the middle of the road just outside 5 Star bar, they dig up the road, again.

Beach road footpath walkway is supposed to be finished before high season supposed to start in october 'so they said'. I guess they got both things wrong. Time will tell.

On 9/1/2023 at 7:33 AM, Pattaya57 said:

This is beyond a joke now. I live in middle of Soi 15 and both ends on 2nd road and Soi Bukhao are blocked off.

So did I until a month ago, when they started digging up everywhere. Time to get out of Dodge' I told myself, and moved out until this mudhell pool of a road is finished, someday...

Got my unit rented out in 9 days, says a lot about how much some people want to stay in Buakhao 15. 

All thai people I talked with was told it would be finished in 1 month. That still make me laugh.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Henryford said:

2nd road is the worst now, looks like a WW1 battlefield.

Yep, they are now digging up a 200 metre stretch of road directly in front of Bodega Bar and the two Wonderful bars. Totally destroys any atmosphere with the noise and this is your view (or digger/dozer) ????

20230901_143639.jpg

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1