Soi 15 Grand Avenue roadworks

mrblonde

2 minutes ago, Seppius said:

beach road being repaved and dug up, nightmare

+1

That was my observations yesterday as well. In the street, not sidewalk pavement as we know might be finish this year.

Numerous huge orange detour blocks, many many places down beach road.

Not even laughable anymore.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Seppius said:

Drove around yesterday, they are digging 2nd road up again to lay cables, beach road being repaved and dug up, nightmare

And soi 15 between 2nd and Buakhao.......never forget that major effort, or lack of. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Aaaaargh!  saw a couple of youtubers cycle through boomerang and it looked almost finished from Tums massage down to The Avenue... guess I've got another 8 weeks so ill play it by ear, as it could all change again 

and there's me still planning on downsizing in the UK and making a permanent move out there!  I'll tell myself its part of Pattayas 'character' ????

• Like 1

On 9/2/2023 at 9:40 AM, Shop mak said:

Beach road footpath walkway is supposed to be finished before high season supposed to start in october 'so they said'. I guess they got both things wrong. Time will tell.

No the reference to the beach that is supposed to be finished by October is the paving of Beach Rd. In case you have not seen the beach walkway project, it's about halfway done. No way Norway done by October. 

• Like 2

On 9/5/2023 at 4:40 PM, Seppius said:

Drove around yesterday, they are digging 2nd road up again to lay cables, beach road being repaved and dug up, nightmare

Right cables on one side pipes on other. Never ever seen such an endless roadworks***show  here. 

Even the sidewalks. As side example things have to be done over and over again. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Soi 15 fully open now, from Buakhao, also from 2nd road looks finished although I've not ridden all the way through

Might give it a buzz Sunday then..... well done getting this job completed.... thankfully the latter parts were executed better than the initial construction which just seemed to get nowhere for months on end. I guess this is meant to take water from the frequently flooded Buakhao low lying area, to the main system on 2nd Rd? 

• Like 1

Wow, they've even put dashed white lines down the middle and solid yellow line on corners ????

Actually it's pretty impressive painting. No sooner do they paint the lines people are riding and walking over them and no marks. Must be instant dry?

Edited by Pattaya57