Honda Cr-v Fuel Efficiency

whothe

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a 'tall' car for a 2hrs (each for to and fro) journey daily passing through rough roads, potholes and more.

Thinking of getting Honda CR-V but unsure of its fuel efficiency and what's the good and bad of it. Users out there kindly give me some advices. Thanks.

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a 'tall' car for a 2hrs (each for to and fro) journey daily passing through rough roads, potholes and more.

Thinking of getting Honda CR-V but unsure of its fuel efficiency and what's the good and bad of it. Users out there kindly give me some advices. Thanks.

If I were going to drive four hours a day, I'd certainly get a diesel of some kind. The CR-V is a nice vehicle but the gasoline engine is NOT going to be that economical to run. The diesel engine is on average 30 percent more efficient.

From last Friday's Bangkok Post:

"So, this front-wheel-drive 2.0 is the best compromise between having a smaller engine that is taxed less, sells for less yet yields better performance and fuel economy than its 4WD cousin.

No longer does it feel sluggish and urban fuel economy of 8.8kpl is a slight improvement on the 4WD 2.0E's 8.4kpl."

2.4l engine must be in the same range.

If you really want to be economic, buy a second hand CRV and convert to LPG.

Economy can't be beaten at 9.85 Baht/liter :o

Just make sure there's LPG fuel stations around, no use if you have to drive an extra 100 km just to fill up!

Not advised on new cars due to warranty issues.

I drive 400km with 500 Baht worth of gas in a 25 year old fuel guzzling Volvo!

If you really want to be economic, buy a second hand CRV and convert to LPG.

Economy can't be beaten at 9.85 Baht/liter :o

Just make sure there's LPG fuel stations around, no use if you have to drive an extra 100 km just to fill up!

Not advised on new cars due to warranty issues.

I drive 400km with 500 Baht worth of gas in a 25 year old fuel guzzling Volvo!

How much does the conversion cost? If this varies then what does the best one cost?

Are all suv s equally capable of this conversion - or are some more and others less amenable to it?

What are effects on the vehicles performance - presumably negative, but to what degree?

• 2 weeks later...