Cancelling Wp And Non B?

If you are here on a 90 day permitted to stay stamp (you entered Thailand and received a 90 day stamp) you can complete that stay. You only have to leave in seven days if you are on an extension of stay from Immigration. If you just exit/enter country every 90 days or less for a new 90 day visa entry the 7 day rule does not apply to you.

Thanks for your info,

The problem is not my Non B as that had expired on the 11 June 2006.

I reckon I should just leave in that seven days though and enter on 60 day tourist visa??

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!?!? YOU HAVE BEEN IN THAILAND FOR OVER 1 YEAR ON AN EXPIRED VISA!?!?

IF YOU ARE THERE ON AN EXPIRED VISA YOU BETTER DO THE FOLLOWING....NOW!!!!

HAVING A WORK PERMIT DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO WAIVE GETTING YOUR VISAS RENEWED!!

1. Get a flight booked to your home country ASAP, because you will be fined for everyday you overstay...I think it is 500thb per day.

failure to pay the fine means you can be held at the Bangkok Immigration Detention Center until you pay it... or if you are REALLY LUCKY and have your ticket on your person be deported or sent home.

2. If you have your ticket ...keep it on your person... go to the nearest Immigration office... pay the fines... smile alot, apologize alot and hope they will give you a few day extention to get out on your own steam...otherwise they can hold you there until your flight.... and they will charge you for the trip to the airport as well.

If you are there and cannot pay fine, you will most likely get a "non-gratis" stamp in your visa preventing you from re-entry for 2 years.

The only exception I have heard was a few years ago a buddy of mine lost his passport that had an already expired visa... he went to his embassy, had a new passport re-issued and then a short-term visa stamp put into passport.

But I also have heard the U.S. has linked Thailand up with Immigration Control software and network to better track visas entry/exits so that little loop hole might now be closed... but your Embassy will tell you that upon application.

EITHER WAY... GOOD LUCK!!!

Thank you Lopburi,

The previous msg almost caused my an heart attack and i am not even 30 yet lol.

Is there something like a change of career visa? Or will I just have to go for the tourist visa??

I currently to hold a visa to stay unitl APR 2008, does that get canceled with my work permit?

Edited by freefunk

If it is a Multi B Visa that expires on April 2008 then that does NOT cancel.

If it is an " extension of stay " visa then yes...............that cancels with your WP. You now have 7 days to leave. You can return on a tourist visa.

There is NO " career change visa "

Edited by stevemiddie

Freefunk, I know of only one visa that lets you stay for longer than 90 days at a time and that is the non-immigrant visa category O-A. If this is the visa you have, it will not get cancelled.

However, if you are on an extension of stay and if this extension of stay was granted for the reason of employment, then this extension will expire 7 days after the termination of your employment. If the extension was for another reason, eg living with Thai wife or retirement, then the extension will remain valid regardless of the termination or your employment.

--

Maestro

Thank you very much, this is the kind of answer i was looking for.

Please tell me how the tourist Visa will work then. Planning to get that in Malaysia ( how much does it cost, how long is it for and how many times can I extend it?