Looks like the police have really cleaned up soi 11 now. No more medical pot caravan sellers.

advancebooking

A few months ago I was amazed to see how much action there was on soi 11 at night time. Street parking was mostly taken up by numerous small caravan sellers of medical weed. It was the new happening place ever since the amazing health minister legalised marijuana. I remember seeing a lot of tourists smoking joints. It was really busy and fun place. Bars and restaurants full. Real party atmosphere

Now all the drug dealers have all been moved on. It was really quiet this week. The taxis could even get a car spot to park their car.

Have the police changed their tune now in this entire area around Nana bts? Whats happened to all the drug dealers selling their legal medicinal marijuana?

3 hours ago, advancebooking said:

Whats happened to all the drug dealers selling their legal medicinal marijuana?

Those mobile vendors you were referring to were not legal sellers, they were all unlicenced/unregistered.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Those mobile vendors you were referring to were not legal sellers, they were all unlicenced/unregistered.

Yes I know. I was being sarcastic.  A few months ago I thought its the wild east in Bangkok now. 
A complete free for all. 

20 hours ago, advancebooking said:

It was really busy and fun place. Bars and restaurants full. Real party atmosphere

Soi 11 ?  hah hah Well there's no accounting for taste.  Nightmare carnival more like it with taxi drivers demanding 200 thb, no meter to go to Terminal 21.  Lines of folding chairs for working girls on the sidewalk.  Side by side Bars with music blasting! into the soi, into the night.  Avoid.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Good. I hope the bar caravans are next.

No licences to sell booze, no business licence, no adherance to trading times, no toilets,

& no taxes being paid (I bet).

But I suppose the BIB get their commission & "protection" monies so they all look the other way.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, natway09 said:

No licences to sell booze, no business licence, no adherance to trading times, no toilets,

But I suppose the BIB get their commission & "protection" monies so they all look the other way.

Welcome to Asia.

15 hours ago, natway09 said:

If you don't like it here ........ go home!

• Love It 1

On 8/5/2023 at 8:05 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

That is exactly what attracts many foreigners to Thailand, both long and short term. Not necessarily the right kind of foreigner, but ...

Any foreigner with money to spend is the right type of foreigner.

• Love It 1

This walk-through was posted yesterday. I didn't see any mobile vans, just tuk-tuks and motorbikes parked on one side of the street.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zg0-DlijmI

In/around Nana there are quite a few up-scale Cannabis shops, did not see any street-side vans selling cannabis.

In the ~ 14 months since liberalization I still haven't seen anyone smoking cannabis, or even smelled it. 

So that Essence du Bangkok still comes through with notes of rotting fetid decaying garbage, cigarette/vape clouds, exhaust fumes and noise pollution.

• Love It 1

On 8/6/2023 at 4:43 PM, bamnutsak said:

This walk-through was posted yesterday. I didn't see any mobile vans, just tuk-tuks and motorbikes parked on one side of the street.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zg0-DlijmI

In/around Nana there are quite a few up-scale Cannabis shops, did not see any street-side vans selling cannabis.

In the ~ 14 months since liberalization I still haven't seen anyone smoking cannabis, or even smelled it. 

So that Essence du Bangkok still comes through with notes of rotting fetid decaying garbage, cigarette/vape clouds, exhaust fumes and noise pollution.

Edited by LatPhrao
posting error

Ahh well, it's not just me not smelling or seeing anyone smoking pot anywhere but especially up and down, in and out the sois of Sukhumvit.  Just the gaudy cannabis shops outnumbering massage shops.  Not that I'm bothered on it, but it is ironic and confounding.  Where's the whiff of a spliff from miles away  55 ?

On 8/5/2023 at 1:15 PM, SooKee said:

Always seemed strange to me, Soi 11 is supposedly one of THE prime night life locations (at least around Sukhumvit), yet it's still such a s**t hole. ????

So true, and that was before it became Soi Watchseller*. I think some of the wine bars and restaurants are looking a little marooned now.

*allright, Soi Wheelieluggage if you prefer.

Edited by mokwit