CCTV for home in Thailand

malct

Looking to install a CCTV Camera in our home in Thailand and because we are only there a few times a year, We would like to install a CCTV which we are able to view live pictures while at home.

Can i ask for recommendations for a good camera that doesn't need Wifi and maybe operate from a sim card or maybe some subscription based company that you pay monthly that just needs plugged into the power socket and connects up to a cloud based CCTV Company.

Thanks for any replies   

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

I always have good things to say about reolink .. HK based, not a company connected with the Chinese mainland, responsive support, good quality images.

They make a SIM card cameras.

https://reolink.com/blog/sim-card-security-cameras-buying-guide/

Great information, So i guess i need to buy a sim data plan that is on a contract.  It would have been good if a CCTV company would sell you a plan.  

I was looking at buying a camera before our next trip to thailand, but i will look for a camera once i get there. 

7 hours ago, malct said:

Great information, So i guess i need to buy a sim data plan that is on a contract.  It would have been good if a CCTV company would sell you a plan.  

I was looking at buying a camera before our next trip to thailand, but i will look for a camera once i get there. 

You can buy a sim card, one time purchase, valid for one year on Lazada that uses one of the main carriers. You might want to post in the mobile communications forum for the best deals.

You can buy reolink directly from their site, and they have their own shop on AliExpress, delivery is quite fast, but maybe give them in month to get the camera to you. 

The video posted is quite old now, but the info is still valid, you can compare the images. I think the newer dahua cameras (if they do sim cameras) seem to have the edge in terms of  value and sharpness over reolink, however, depends upon your needs. For me, dahua have had security issues in the past and the servers may be in mainland China, so I would pass. 

I think if you have a NVR on a CCTV system in your own country, you could add the sim camera as a remote camera. 

• Like 1