Computer stack V mini computer

Thailand

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Just got a new Mac Studio M2. It is amazing. Crazy fast. Paired it with an LG 42" OLED C2. The best setup I have ever had. Super pleased. Not cheap. But, really worth it. 

Yeah, Apple are ahead of the pack lately with these new risc chips. The mac mini is a very competitive price. The only downside is that they can't be upgraded after purchase.

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Yeah, Apple are ahead of the pack lately with these new risc chips. The mac mini is a very competitive price. The only downside is that they can't be upgraded after purchase.

Well, they are very fast to begin with. And I use SSD external drives, so capacity is not an issue, nor will it ever be. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Really? I have a ASUS mini with Ryzen 7, 32 Gb RAM and 1Tb m2 drive. Unless you need a graphics card I don't see how that can be possible.

Currently running an Nvidia RTX5000.... Yeah I need a GPU.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Thailand said:

For anyone who may be interested I bought this one.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/hp-prodesk-400-g3-mini-gen-6th-7th-intel-core-i7-i5-i3-7th-i4759184815-s19624615728.html?

Super buy IMHO - But multiple choices out there.

Yes, very good value, though I would go for the i3 7th Gen as it's the one with 4K graphics support for replaying movies (6th Gen will max out the CPU and stutter).

On 8/10/2023 at 3:55 PM, Stocky said:

I have a 5 year old Asus Vivomini VM45 that runs as a media box with my TV, been very happy with it. When the aging desktop finally gives up the ghost will likely replace with whatever Asus mini-PC is then current.

Have  one too, but it will be replaced by a Mac mini.  One reason being they, at least where I am am, their  support  absolutely sucked. It was a failed power supply and I ended up buying a new one on Lazada.