Buying used bike in Thailand....odometer

Kenny202

1 minute ago, LS24 said:

But my question stands, how does not changing oil "thrash" an engine? Thrashing an engine is generally accepted in western cultures to be over revving and having no consideration for the engine's normal operating range, not lack of maintenance. That was my point. People seem to struggle with comprehension on this forum.

And besides, seen these engines with basically goop for lubricant still running after multiple 10s of thousand km.

And besides, it would take seconds to diagnose lack of oil change.

Really...............:huh:

50 minutes ago, LS24 said:

But my question stands, how does not changing oil "thrash" an engine? Thrashing an engine is generally accepted in western cultures to be over revving and having no consideration for the engine's normal operating range, not lack of maintenance. That was my point. People seem to struggle with comprehension on this forum.

And besides, seen these engines with basically goop for lubricant still running after multiple 10s of thousand km.

And besides, it would take seconds to diagnose lack of oil change.

And besides....and besides....and besides.....seeing the original post was about whether or not an odometer can be wound back / adjusted...and you have turned it into a smarty pants competition pondering the meaning of life, navel gazing the definition of "thrashed" ... you may be the one struggling with comprehension. You are just trolling for a debate

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Most scooters now are CVT type transmissions, twist and go, my point about Grab riders, belting about on them every day, must take its toll. I have heard a few Grab or similar bikes making horrible noises........:whistling:

I doubt they take wear and tear on their bike into account when weighing up their income either

3 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

I doubt they take wear and tear on their bike into account when weighing up their income either

They make their money, cane the scoots, off load it and buy another, a bit like mini-cab drivers back home in the old days.......:ninja:...........????