Invitation To Thaivisa Bbq Party In Chiang Mai

george

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might have been discussed before but I might have missed it. I haven't been to Tuskers yet but I do know the area.

There are 80+ people on the list of attendees. Where will they park? Imagine if 80 people brought 80 cars.

I don't think the little soi by Tuskers can accomodate 80+ cars. Even 80+ motorcycles would be difficult.

I might be a good idea to list the parking plans in the invitation.

There is limited parking in the Soi by Tuskers. It is normally possible to park in Sittiwongse Road at the other end of the Tuskers Soi. There are also parking places on Moon Muang Road on the other side of the moat. If 80 people bring cars it is going to be very difficult to find space unless you are early.

My advice is if at all possible get some form of public transport or if that is not an option consider parking somewhere reasonably close (one of the hotel car parks for example) and getting a tuk tuk to bring you to the door.

Only sign up if you are definitely coming to the Party.

People who are UNSURE if they will be able to attend SHOULD NOT put their names down for obvious reasons.

Thank you.

The obvious reason for putting my name down, though I am not 100% certain, is that those who don't announce their arrival in this thread won't have a nametag made and not admitted, as stated by the organiser earlier.

It would be a bit of a waste of time and petrol driving all the way to CM, don't you think? :o

So, can I have my nametack, please, Mr. Moderator, even though you deleted my post?

Edited by bruceboy

People who are UNSURE if they will be able to attend SHOULD NOT put their names down for obvious reasons.

Thank you.

The obvious reason for putting my name down, though I am not 100% certain, is that those who don't announce their arrival in this thread won't have a nametag made and not admitted, as stated by the organiser earlier.

It would be a bit of a waste of time and petrol driving all the way to CM, don't you think? :D

So, can I have my nametack, please, Mr. Moderator, even though you deleted my post?

i will try to be there.... :D

If you don't know if you are coming, neither do we.

The sign ups are for people who are doing exactly that, signing up.

If you *are* sure you are coming, you are most welcome. If you cannot attend or you are not sure, please refrain from posting.

Seems pretty obvious to me!

Thank you.

It would be a bit of a waste of time and petrol driving all the way to CM, don't you think? :D

i will try to be there.... :D

If you don't know if you are coming, neither do we.

The sign ups are for people who are doing exactly that, signing up.

If you *are* sure you are coming, you are most welcome. If you cannot attend or you are not sure, please refrain from posting.

Seems pretty obvious to me!

Ok, I am definetely coming! :D

Can I have my nametag now, please? :D

Edited by Buckwheat
Nonsense removed

REMINDER: CHIANG MAI BBQ PARTY

Venue: TUSKERS BAR

Time: from 7.00pm

Date: Saturday 18th August

Map to Tuskers:

post-128-1184238617_thumb.jpg

Venue web site: http://www.tuskersbar.com/

This is a private party sponsored by ThaiVisa.

Thai Visa members +1 guest OR partner ONLY. Children are also welcome!

The simple rules are:

No Registration in this thread = No name tag = No food or drinks!

ThaiVisa Name tags will be provided to those who have registered here!

This thread is for sign ups only. All other dumb or irrelevant comments/questions etc. will be deleted.

Members must register their intent to come on this thread prior to the event, or they may well not be admitted.

See the attached map for possible parking locations.

It might have been discussed before but I might have missed it. I haven't been to Tuskers yet but I do know the area.

There are 80+ people on the list of attendees. Where will they park? Imagine if 80 people brought 80 cars.

I don't think the little soi by Tuskers can accomodate 80+ cars. Even 80+ motorcycles would be difficult.

I might be a good idea to list the parking plans in the invitation.

There is limited parking in the Soi by Tuskers.

Chaiyaphum Rd. Soi 1........... Parking Area 1

It is normally possible to park in Sittiwongse Road at the other end of the Tuskers Soi.

Sittiwongse Road .......Parking Area 2

There are also parking places on Moon Muang Road on the other side of the moat

Moon Muang Road...........Parking Area 3

post-19457-1184737725_thumb.jpg

Hi, I am very new to the forum and we don't in fact even arrive in Chiang Mai until next week, but my husband and myself would be delighted to come.

We look forward to it - many thanks and best regards,

resrea :o