Registration renewal refused

Lacessit

I renewed the comprehensive insurance on my vehicle on July 1. The registration expired August 5.

Due to some screwup between the insurer and the Phan post office, I have not received a copy of the new policy.

When my GF took the car to the Phan DLT, they refused to renew the registration on the grounds it was uninsured.

What should I do going forward? I have already asked the insurer for another copy of the policy.

• Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It's not making much sense to me either, I am trying to navigate this from Australia.

Private insurance usually ask if you would like them to sort Gov insurance, I think there is no fee for that, it saves a lot of messing about.

This morning I was sent by email the compulsory insurance from our private insurance to print off....????

2 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

You are assuming the voluntary insurance company is also providing the compulsory insurance.

One should clarify that before making an asre of one self.

All my insurers provided Gov insurance....????

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Is the office of the insurer within a reasonable distance?

If so go to their office and politely demand a copy on the spot and make it clear, politely, you're not leaving until you get it.

Thai nephew did just that when he didn't receive renewed policy or receipt for payment.

Staff at insurers office threatened to call police and have nephew arrested. Nephew demanded an answer to 'arrested for what', and kept telling the office staff 'bring the police'. 

A senior person from the insurance company intervened in their office and demanded to know the details. He then insisted that their cashier instantly find details of receiving the payment from my nephew. 

Became obvious they had received payment from nephew but but processed as payment of nephew's renewalof policy.

Thirty minutes later nephew given receipt and policy renewal document and cashier and 2 other ins. company staff arrested by police for theft of company funds. 

The insurer has acknowledged I have paid the premium. I have a receipt.

As other posters have pointed out, it's only the Por Ror Bor insurance which should be necessary.

I am now thinking my GF tried to renew the registration without the Por ror bor, and has confused the two.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If your insurer has provided you one but it was lost in the post
just buy another one, at 600 baht a year it's hardly the end of the world if you've lost yours

to be reissued one, the insurer might ask that you make a police report that it was lost, another trip to police and DLT, how much is that in wasted time

23 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It's not making much sense to me either, I am trying to navigate this from Australia.

Is Asean Now, or a Thai insurance company, or almost ANY internet page any different in Oz than here?

• Love It 1

Just now, KannikaP said:

Is Asean Now, or a Thai insurance company, or almost ANY internet page any different in Oz than here?

In case you have not noticed, there is something of a language barrier when communicating with a Thai insurance company, even when they are communicating in English.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

In case you have not noticed, there is something of a language barrier when communicating with a Thai insurance company, even when they are communicating in English.

Just did mine with Roojai very successfully.

13 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Not my experience in over 5 years with roojai in either Thai OR English.

Yes, I know they're an insurance broker.

So they are communicating with you in YOUR native tongue and you can't understand them but it's THEIR problem?

Edited by NanLaew

37 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Is the office of the insurer within a reasonable distance?

If so go to their office and politely demand a copy on the spot and make it clear, politely, you're not leaving until you get it.

The OP is in Oz!

38 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The insurer has acknowledged I have paid the premium. I have a receipt.

As other posters have pointed out, it's only the Por Ror Bor insurance which should be necessary.

I am now thinking my GF tried to renew the registration without the Por ror bor, and has confused the two.

Odds are shortening as we type!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Your post doesn't make any sense you wouldn't be refused CTPL gov insurance on your vehicle if you have the registration book for the vehicle you would then get a road funds disc without having voluntary private vehicle insurance. 

That's what my wife did, no private insurance at the time. 

• Thumbs Up 2