Registration renewal refused

Lacessit

Just now, Lacessit said:

I don't know if it was included in the private insurance policy.

If they provided it, It will be provided on a different paper, has a silver strip down the side of it. If emailed to print off, it will have a Q code.

• Like 1

Just now, Ralf001 said:

Roojai asks you when renewing if you want to include.

It would seem you did not.

This is why road tax renewal declined.

You may be right, although I don't recall Roojai asking me.

Just now, Lacessit said:

You may be right, although I don't recall Roojai asking me.

It is separate, but usually all insurers offer it, on the Roojai online form it does have Gov insurance, I think a box to tick, then when totalling it all up will be shown in the pay figure..

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

So you get stopped by the rozzers. Print out your Por Rar Bor?

I have a printout of the gov insurance in the car that I downloaded...We taxed the car today with it, but, the insurance folk may send me the proper gov one, not sure, yet..

• Like 1

Just now, transam said:

I have a printout of the gov insurance in the car that I downloaded...We taxed the car today with it, but, the insurance folk may send me the proper gov one, not sure, yet..

Yes, the best way. Roojai sent me all the papers, to print if I want to harm the trees. 555. Is INK  bad for the World?

16 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

So you get stopped by the rozzers. Print out your Por Rar Bor?

I have never been asked for insurance documents in a stop, but I do carry a hard copy of the Compulsory Insurance in the car.  In 8 years, I have only been asked for my Licence once and my passport never.  I must have a trustworthy face.  

2 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

I have never been asked for insurance documents in a stop, but I do carry a hard copy of the Compulsory Insurance in the car.  In 8 years, I have only been asked for my Licence once and my passport never.  I must have a trustworthy face.  

Same here, but best to be prepared as Baden Powell said.

If you have a Tax Disc (not in UK these days) then you must have the Por RarBor.

Saying that, if the four tyres on your car survive a kicking by the Inspector, the all is OK.

Edited by KannikaP

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

As I said it comes with the road tax, it's not a SEPERATE item that one can buy, but shows on the receipt as insurance + road tax. I always use a 'yellow cog' shop 200b+the road tax/insurance and buy my private insurance from them. In and out in 15min max. all is posted back to me.

You're wrong, they can be bought separately.

I also go to the 'yellow cog' shop to get my compulsory insurance and always refuse their offer to do the road tax for me for the simple reason that I find it easier to get it at the DLT drive-thru window.

• Like 1

You can also register and pay your road tax online. If you haven't paid the compulsory insurance or done the car test, it shows you and won't allow you to get the tax until you've done the others. My private and compulsory insurance come up together a couple of months before the road tax so I just get them together. You can check it in the online system and once you've tested the car, you can pay the tax online. 

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Website. It was an email to me inviting me to renew my insurance with them, quoting the premium.

Yeah did mine last week with Roojai, I know how it works.

Call ya missus today tell her to go and buy Por Ror Bor insurance... wont cost much, then go back to LTD and sort out the road tax.

47 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah did mine last week with Roojai, I know how it works.

Call ya missus today tell her to go and buy Por Ror Bor insurance... wont cost much, then go back to LTD and sort out the road tax.

She's got it in her head it's all Roojai's fault. I'll sort it out when I get back to Thailand early in September. Looking at the Roojai quote, the Por Ror Bor is excluded.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

She's got it in her head it's all Roojai's fault. I'll sort it out when I get back to Thailand early in September. Looking at the Roojai quote, the Por Ror Bor is excluded.

As been mentioned, if you do not tick the box for CTPI (por ror bor)... they do not include it.

It is very easy for to get this insurance and sort out the road tax.

Remind her she cannot by law drive the car until CTPI and road tax is done and if she does private insurance will be void and she will be on the hook for any damages to person or property if is she has an at fault accident.

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

As been mentioned, if you do not tick the box for CTPI (por ror bor)... they do not include it.

It is very easy for to get this insurance and sort out the road tax.

Remind her she cannot by law drive the car until CTPI and road tax is done and if she does private insurance will be void and she will be on the hook for any damages to person or property if is she has an at fault accident.

She won't be driving the car until I get back.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/15/2023 at 12:28 PM, Lacessit said:

I suspect either my GF or the DLT official is confused.

I guess you are:cheesy:

Pay for the compulsory insurance/ Roadtax on the DLT Office and put the Sticker on the Windscreen of your Car.....thats everything!

Edited by ujayujay

On 8/15/2023 at 12:21 PM, Lacessit said:

I renewed the comprehensive insurance on my vehicle on July 1. The registration expired August 5.

Due to some screwup between the insurer and the Phan post office, I have not received a copy of the new policy.

When my GF took the car to the Phan DLT, they refused to renew the registration on the grounds it was uninsured.

What should I do going forward? I have already asked the insurer for another copy of the policy.

2 options:

1. Wait for the documents from the insurer to arrive.

2. Buy new p.r.b (compulsory insurance) at the DLT

On 8/15/2023 at 12:24 PM, transam said:

They are not interested in private insurance, all they want is the Gov. compulsory insurance. You can pay that at DLT if you haven't got it.

usually when buying 1st class insurance it comes with the compulsory insurance. I know mine does 

On 8/15/2023 at 12:24 PM, KannikaP said:

Use an insurance company who have the facility called EMAIL!

You need the original document, so email doesn't help

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, LukKrueng said:

2 options:

1. Wait for the documents from the insurer to arrive.

2. Buy new p.r.b (compulsory insurance) at the DLT

usually when buying 1st class insurance it comes with the compulsory insurance. I know mine does 

You need the original document, so email doesn't help

Option 3 is to sort it out when I get back early September.

• Thumbs Up 1