Registration renewal refused

Lacessit

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Not my experience in over 5 years with roojai in either Thai OR English.

Yes, I know they're an insurance broker.

So they are communicating with you in YOUR native tongue and you can't understand them but it's THEIR problem?

It's a problem not having a copy of the current policy in the event of an accident, yes?

I don't know if Roojai failed to deliver the policy to Phan post office, or whether the post office lost or mislaid it.

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It's a problem not having a copy of the current policy in the event of an accident, yes?

I don't know if Roojai failed to deliver the policy to Phan post office, or whether the post office lost or mislaid it.

I've recently insured my new vehicle with Roojai. They sent me all the documents online in pdf format ready to download, nothing is sent by snail mail unless requested.

Using their phone App, all policy details are on there including coverage details and are available to download. Contact phone numbers for roadside assistance, claims and renewals etc. are on it with an easy to use interface. Everything is in English and the initial set-up was all confirmed by phone with a representative who spoke fluent English. 
Very competitive price with a surprise 3000 baht of PT fuel coupons amongst other participating companies awaiting on the App!   

3 hours ago, transam said:

They are not interested in private insurance, all they want is the Gov. compulsory insurance. You can pay that at DLT if you haven't got it.

You can't buy that separately, its included in your road tax renewal. 

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

You can't buy that separately, its included in your road tax renewal. 

I think you are wrong.

Mrs. T just came back from doing the job with the gov insurance I printed off this morning..The Gov insurance was paid using her phone to our insurance co.

Car test...            200bht

Gov insurance....645bht

Road tax.....        448bht

So all is good........????

1 minute ago, transam said:

Gov insurance....645bht

Road tax.....        448bht

As I said it comes with the road tax, it's not a SEPERATE item that one can buy, but shows on the receipt as insurance + road tax. I always use a 'yellow cog' shop 200b+the road tax/insurance and buy my private insurance from them. In and out in 15min max. all is posted back to me.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

As I said it comes with the road tax, it's not a SEPERATE item that one can buy, but shows on the receipt as insurance + road tax. I always use a 'yellow cog' shop 200b+the road tax/insurance and buy my private insurance from them. In and out in 15min max. all is posted back to me.

It is separate, you can buy the gov insurance anywhere, but you cannot tax the car without it, you pay for the tax when you provide the insurance and test papers which were paid for separately.....????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I'm still confused so if it is separate, and I have my own private insurance, I don't have to pay for CTPI ? 

The CTPI is compulsory. Whether you do or don't have private car insurance is irrelevant.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I'm still confused so if it is separate, and I have my own private insurance, I don't have to pay for CTPI ? 

In your case you will have 2 policies, the Gov one, which is COMPULSORY, and your private cover......

I think the reason for the gov one is that a huge number of the populace would not have any insurance, so third parties are not covered for any injuries caused by another.

So folk must pay it to get the road tax sticker, which is a step in the right direction for the BiB looking at a windscreen.

My own opinion is that if you have private insurance, which is way better than the gov one, you should not need to have the gov one...

25 minutes ago, transam said:

In your case you will have 2 policies, the Gov one, which is COMPULSORY, and your private cover......

I think the reason for the gov one is that a huge number of the populace would not have any insurance, so third parties are not covered for any injuries caused by another.

So folk must pay it to get the road tax sticker, which is a step in the right direction for the BiB looking at a windscreen.

My own opinion is that if you have private insurance, which is way better than the gov one, you should not need to have the gov one...

Sorry but you haven't answered my question 

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Oh, yes he is, cos his bird cannot tax the car with private insurance, he needs to pay for CTPI....

On our car it is 645bht.....????

What I'm getting at is that the 'screw up' with the private insurance might not quite be as it seems.

I had that a few years back, one of the reasons my ex is my ex.

8 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Sorry but you haven't answered my question 

You can pay 10,000 bht for private insurance, but you STILL must pay the cheap Gov insurance, you cannot road tax the car with your 10,000bht insurance.  

Am I getting there.........????

2 minutes ago, transam said:

You can pay 10,000 bht for private insurance, but you STILL must pay the cheap Gov insurance, you cannot road tax the car with your 10,000bht insurance.  

Am I getting there.........????

As I keep repeating You can NOT buy it on it's own !

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Use an insurance company who have the facility called EMAIL!

lol.. they dont even take a phone call eriously and want me to visit ..  I seen them before.. dont want look at them.. TIT

Just now, brianthainess said:

Now you are pulling my leg Shirley.  CTPI The Govt. 'Cheap INSURANCE'. 

So you can't reply telling me, what you can't buy on its own...?  :huh:

But..........

1. You can buy private insurance on its own.

2. You can buy Government CTPI insurance on its own.

3. You cannot buy road tax on its own, you must provide Government CTPI insurance cover paper, not private insurance cover paper.

Now I think we all understand the above......????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

I think I am getting you here.

The "Yellow Cog Shop" is providing a service by going to the Land Transport Office for you. That's why you are paying everything together, they are a one stop shop/facilitator.

46 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

What I'm getting at is that the 'screw up' with the private insurance might not quite be as it seems.

I had that a few years back, one of the reasons my ex is my ex.

You have a suspicious mind. My GF has no involvement with the private insurance, I am handling that.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1