What Songs Do You Rush to Switch the Sound Off?

Neeranam

Any hard rock. Alot of country music. Anything by Justin Bieber, Cardi B, Kanye West, the Weekend, Sheeran, Limp Bizkit, Aaron Lewis, Jason Aldean, Dababy, Billy Ray Cyrus, Taylor Swift, Adele, Katy Perry, Tim McGraw, Ariana Grande, Post Malone, Britney Spears, Whitney Houston, Madonna, Drake, Billy Joel, etc. The bar for pop music is set very, very low right now. It is not a good time for music. Very few brilliant artists are emerging. Not exactly a golden age for music, and anyone who thinks differently, likely did not live through the mid 1960's to early 1970's (classic rock), the late 70's to late 80's (mostly British music, and old school hiphop), or the mid 90's to early 2000's (electronica).

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nu Metal. Was just reminded of this recently when my son figured out the guitar tabs to some dirge by "System of a Down".

All moody, introspective lyrics and swirling brooding verses, then charge into the batsh!t "angry" chorus. Formulaic cr@p for adolescent white males.

Will try to ween him off this awful music, and into something a bit more wholesome like Black Sabbath, maybe.

• Haha 1

some 10+ years ago. Bangkok, Silom, Bangkok Bank. That old huge one.

they played cover from "The Fiddler on the Roof" - "Sunrises, Sunsets"

I never felt so awkward )

Love the movie, but the situation was like "Shut the f^%$ it off!"

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Any hard rock. Alot of country music. Anything by Justin Bieber, Cardi B, Kanye West, the Weekend, Sheeran, Limp Bizkit, Aaron Lewis, Jason Aldean, Dababy, Billy Ray Cyrus, Taylor Swift, Adele, Katy Perry, Tim McGraw, Ariana Grande, Post Malone, Britney Spears, Whitney Houston, Madonna, Drake, Billy Joel, etc. The bar for pop music is set very, very low right now. It is not a good time for music. Very few brilliant artists are emerging. Not exactly a golden age for music, and anyone who thinks differently, likely did not live through the mid 1960's to early 1970's (classic rock), the late 70's to late 80's (mostly British music, and old school hiphop), or the mid 90's to early 2000's (electronica).

I agree with that list except a couple of Madonna songs. 

80s was bad in UK, apart from Smiths and Jesus and Mary chain, maybe The Cure. 

5 hours ago, G Rex said:

Anything by Boney M

I also have a pathological dislike for Fairground Attractions' "Perfect"

otherwise I am pretty chill

have to disagree with OP about XTC.  Love all of their stuff

Maybe cause they are so English lol. 

I like Boney M. 

12 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I agree with that list except a couple of Madonna songs. 

80s was bad in UK, apart from Smiths and Jesus and Mary chain, maybe The Cure. 

Definitely the Cure. And Tears for Fears. Duran Duran, Pet Shop Boys, Joy Division, New Order, Bowie, Spandau Ballet, Depeche Mode. I could go on. I think it was a great decade for the UK. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The big joke around the time was that they were invited to play Disneyland.

The Disney people thought they were portraying super-hero's. What kind of super-hero was the leatherman supposed to be?

The Indian was my neighbor -obviously free to walk among us unmolested by fans if he wasn't wearing his head dress.