What Songs Do You Rush to Switch the Sound Off?

Neeranam

On 8/16/2023 at 12:41 PM, Neeranam said:

For me, I have nearly had an accident trying to NOT hear Phil Collins when the song came on the radio. I can't listen to this totally untalented guy. The newer Genesis, goes without saying why.

Also, anything by CCR or Michael Learns to Rock or Scorpions -  too may forced feeding when hanging out in Bangkok bars in the 90s. 

Also, Everybody wants to rule the world by Tear for Fears or something, nightmare video. 

XTC, especially one about Nigel

Michael Buble

Def Leppard 

Rush

K-Pop

Reggeton

Job2Do

There's no arguing about bad taste:cheesy:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Definitely the Cure. And Tears for Fears. Duran Duran, Pet Shop Boys, Joy Division, New Order, Bowie, Spandau Ballet, Depeche Mode. I could go on. I think it was a great decade for the UK. 

I agree but the Tears for Fear, don't know why they annoy me so much but I have tried not to listen to them for 30years. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Guitar God said:

Anything with yodeling. 

Sidney Devine was at school with my mum. 

I quite like him. 

Another version with a friend of mine singing. 

Edited by Neeranam

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I agree but the Tears for Fear, don't know why they annoy me so much but I have tried not to listen to them for 30years. 

I do not like their pop songs. But, their ballads and other such songs as Pale Shelter, Broken, Elemental, Advice for the young at heart, Head over heels, I believe, Woman in chains, Mad world, and Sketches of pain are astonishing songs. Profoundly written and performed. Nearly timeless. In my opinion, they will be remembered and revered for decades to come.

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I do not like their pop songs. But, their ballads and other such songs as Pale Shelter, Broken, Elemental, Advice for the young at heart, Head over heels, I believe, Woman in chains, Mad world, and Sketches of pain are astonishing songs. Profoundly written and performed. Nearly timeless. In my opinion, they will be remembered and revered for decades to come.

I'll try to get the courage to listen. 

Some day. But the video Shout Shout is a recurring nightmare 

15 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I'll try to get the courage to listen. 

Some day. But the video Shout Shout is a recurring nightmare 

Shout is an awful song. Dreadful. I cannot listen to it either. They had a few other hits, that were far too pop. But, the other stuff, that went under the radar, and did not get radio play was amazing. Worth a listen.

On 8/16/2023 at 6:45 AM, CharlieH said:

Untalented ????

"150 million records !!

He has sold over 150 million records worldwide, won multiple Grammy and Academy Awards, and been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. "

Looks like your in the minority on that one. Each to their own I guess.Cant please all the people all the time.

Baby Shark by Pinkfong has had 13 billion views on Youtube. Does that make it the best song ever by the most talented person ever?

7 minutes ago, tubby johnson said:

Well, then try listening to music in future, not to personalities.

Yes, that makes perfect sense, but in theory only. [IMHO]

Interestingly it is correct [almost] either way as well:

Some Mr.Nice Guy might be very average performer but his personality is just outshines it.

Ted Nugent is the perfect example of great guitarist yet as the person is an a**hole.

Paul McCartney is not the best musician, but he's such an entertainer!

And some exeptions: Amy Winehouse, Madonna, Nick Cave, Ian Anderson (JT) 

Maybe something IS wrong with Collins?

Glad it’s not me! 

Red hot chilli peppers, Manao chau, Eagles - hotel California, boney m - rah rah Rasputin, Scorpions, Neil Diamonds sweet Caroline, living on a prayer - my missus has these on repeat on her Spotify. 

im quite confused about tears for fears, pale shelter is a classic, Phil Colin’s has a special place even tho he has some dull

moments and someone mentioned mahavishnu orchestra .. no way! 

Most 70's music.

"Hotel California" in particular.

Billy Joel makes me cringe. 

With YouTube music, Spotify, etc.  There's no reason people should just stick with the, "Oldies but goodies mentality".

So much more to discover! 

"The Final Countdown" by Europe

anything by Whitney Houston, especially "IEIEIEIEIEIEI will always love YOUUUUUUUUUIIIUUUU". I hate songs that turn into "note holding" contests.

Titanic theme by Celine Dion. Canada's embarrassment before Justin Bieber.