Vietnam Implements New E-Visa Policy for Foreign Arrivals

This is pretty cool.

Does the 90 day visa mean no return visit in 180 days? Same with 45 in 90 days? Currently afaik with the 14 day exemption airlines are keen to check if you've been in Vietnam in last 28 days as you can't bounce back in until another 14 days has lapsed?

Edited by circa02

Great news;

" Nationals of Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the UK, Russia, Japan, South Korea, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Belarus are now allowed to stay in Vietnam for 45 days upon entry, as opposed to the previous 15-day limit. "

Russia shouldn't be on the list but Vietnam remember old help after the war.

Too bad my favorite city Dalat isn't on list of approved entry points. It used to be so why not now? Sorry - it's an "Asia" thing... ????

• Thumbs Up 1

Vietnam mentions a 3 to 7 day timespan to handle and deliver the visa for 90 days with no asking for unnecessary  support documents.

Thai Consulates mention 1 month processing time,  that can be more if a zealous consulate employee wakes up one morning and decides to ask for some more support documents via the e-visa application.

In other words, wealthy retirees and tourists looking for long stay in winter will obviously choose Vietnam. Far cheaper and nore farang friendy maybe ?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Vietnam mentions a 3 to 7 day timespan to handle and deliver the visa for 90 days with no asking for unnecessary  support documents. '

I agree!

Also, Thailand cheats you - you pay for 90-days but it's only 60-days what you get!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Vietnamese Government has introduced a significant change to its visa policy by granting e-visas to all foreign arrivals at 52 designated ports of entry, starting August 15. The decision is outlined in the latest Resolution No. 127/NQ-CP.

Previously, Vietnam had been issuing 30-day single-entry e-visas to citizens from 80 specific countries.

Under the new regulation, the Vietnam Immigration Department, a division of the Ministry of Public Security, will issue e-visas to foreign arrivals through an electronic payment system. These e-visas will allow multiple entries within a span of 90 days, offering travelers greater flexibility and convenience.

The list of entry points includes 13 airports, such as Hanoi’s Noi Bai International Airport, Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang Airport, and others. Additionally, 16 land border gates and 13 seaports have been included in this new policy.

In tandem with this change, the Government also issued Resolution No. 128/NQ-CP, which modifies the visa exemption duration for citizens of specific countries. Nationals of Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the UK, Russia, Japan, South Korea, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Belarus are now allowed to stay in Vietnam for 45 days upon entry, as opposed to the previous 15-day limit.

This extension applies regardless of passport type or the purpose of their visit, as long as they meet entry requirements in accordance with Vietnamese law.

Officials said both resolutions are expected to greatly enhance Vietnam’s visa policies and facilitate travel to Vietnam for visitors from around the world.

by Krajangwit Johjit

Source: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG230817131307613

-- NNT 2023-08-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

This is absolute lie!! Lie that all nationalities are included, 

• Haha 1

Now it's 45-days to some nationalities.

Too bad US isn't on the list. 2 yrs ago we got a special 6 and 12mo visas for cheap.

Must be politics?

Update on visa exemption policy

Citizens from these countries are granted a visa-free stay of 45 days, regardless of passport type or purpose of entry.

Country Duration (Days)
Germany 45 days
France 45 days
Italy 45 days
Spain 45 days
United Kingdom and Northern Ireland 45 days
Russia 45 days
Japan 45 days
South Korea 45 days
Denmark 45 days
Sweden 45 days
Norway 45 days
Finland 45 days
Belarus 45 days
Edited by GypsyT
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GypsyT said:

Now it's 45-days to some nationalities.

Too bad US isn't on the list. 2 yrs ago we got a special 6 and 12mo visas for cheap.

Must be politics?

Update on visa exemption policy

Citizens from these countries are granted a visa-free stay of 45 days, regardless of passport type or purpose of entry.

Country Duration (Days)
Germany 45 days
France 45 days
Italy 45 days
Spain 45 days
United Kingdom and Northern Ireland 45 days
Russia 45 days
Japan 45 days
South Korea 45 days
Denmark 45 days
Sweden 45 days
Norway 45 days
Finland 45 days
Belarus 45 days

As a Brit going for about 10 days I see I am entitled to Visa Exempt Entry, do I need to prepare any paperwork?  or just rock up?

On 8/17/2023 at 1:24 PM, bob smith said:

Nice!

I miss those white skinned vietnamese beautys.

Think a hop over there may well be in order soon!

A second 'colourist' post from you today.

And it is BEAUTIES in correct English.

Haven't tried yet but I believe it's like 30-day in Thailand; just walk in. No paperwork.

This was a copy of Thai system during Covid. The Vietnamese saw Thailand got lot of more tourists. Too bad Thailand didn't keep the same. Everything was working fine and extra tourists came in thanks to easy entry.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2023 at 11:04 AM, JBChiangRai said:

As a Brit going for about 10 days I see I am entitled to Visa Exempt Entry, do I need to prepare any paperwork?  or just rock up?

Yes i would like to know too. So NO visa at all is required for a short holiday in Vietnam.

Interesting thing in Vn:

45 days;
Belarus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Norway, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, and United Kingdom (not applicable for BNO passport)

- If you plan to visit Phu Quoc Island, there is also Visa Exemption policy for foreign citizens here. Foreigners who enter Phu Quoc Island by airplane can have 30 days Visa Exemption.

Phu Quoc used to be more liberal allowing 30 days visa free to all. Thay was 15 days more than main land. No it's 15 days less.

UPDATE;

Phu Quoc entry; I got 45 days as in the mainland. "30-days" info still posted but not current or correct.

- I hope Thailand copies Vietnam like Vietnam copied Thailand's 30-day visa free entry -:)

• Thanks 1