Can I Go To Phuket From Pattaya By Bus?

BKKDUDE

Is there a direct route by bus from pattaya to phuket town by VIP bus? I don't like to change buses, because i have about 50KG baggage with me that's not very spacious but more weighty only

Airline isn't good option because i have to pay for extra 25-30KG (7,000-9,000Bhat) and again i change to another bus from phuket airport to phuket town where bus station is....

Is there a direct route by bus from pattaya to phuket town by VIP bus? I don't like to change buses, because i have about 50KG baggage with me that's not very spacious but more weighty only

Airline isn't good option because i have to pay for extra 25-30KG (7,000-9,000Bhat) and again i change to another bus from phuket airport to phuket town where bus station is....

Time for a change? Had enough of Pattaya already?

depending on weather ya coming back to the big p, car hire 700 bhat day, about gas, about 4000, but it a long one, approx 15 hours there and 15 back, can be done in 2 days return but not fun, but doable!

last year they came round all bars promoting a overnight boat from p to samui, which is a lot closer, but not heard anything of it since!

or maybe tnt overnight ya baggage down, and fly utapo about 3000!

best of dude!

Thanks guys.

No, i am not a pattaya expat, just coming over for a week stay, and then head to phuket and don't return.

I prefer not to go by car for safty reason, and idea going by bus, or links on internet....

Thanks guys.

No, i am not a pattaya expat, just coming over for a week stay, and then head to phuket and don't return.

I prefer not to go by car for safty reason, and idea going by bus, or links on internet....

Definitely no direct bus service. You'll need to change buses and bus station in Bangkok.

Some bus tickets have conditions stating that only 20kg of luggage may be carried - same as an aircraft, although I doubt they take notice or check.

Good luck

geoffphuket

definitely no direct BUS. a couple of Busses from Pattaya's Northern Bus Station go to BKK - Southern station, from where the Busses to Phuket (VIP and all others) depart.

leaving Pattaya every 2 hours, 8.00, 10.00 and so on until 18.00.

I dont think u will have problems with ur luggage while using a VIP to Phuket, but at Pattaya's bus station this might be the case.....

why not send ur things by cargo ? and just take some necessary items with you ? that would be hassle free. u could ask BKK AIR office, as they have flights U-Tapao to Phuket every day.

though they will not be the cheapest.....

Edited by siam2007

You could buy a 'friend' a return ticket on Bangkok Airways U-Tapao/Phuket and they check half your baggage as theirs. Cheaper than an excess baggage charge on your own one-way ticket and much more convenient than buses, pickups and private cars apart from to/from airports at each end.

I would volunteer after I see what's in the shipment (don't want to be a 'mule' again!) but I am working in Malaysia just now. Volunteers???!!!

PS. I am sure Weho would love to accompany you as it would give him something else to yack interminably about.

You could buy a 'friend' a return ticket on Bangkok Airways U-Tapao/Phuket and they check half your baggage as theirs. Cheaper than an excess baggage charge on your own one-way ticket and much more convenient than buses, pickups and private cars apart from to/from airports at each end.

I would volunteer after I see what's in the shipment (don't want to be a 'mule' again!) but I am working in Malaysia just now. Volunteers???!!!

PS. I am sure Weho would love to accompany you as it would give him something else to yack interminably about.

There are 10,000 potential friends working in the bars and go-gos.

Give a girl a couple of days vacation in Phuket.

You CAN have more luggage on the BKK/Pattaya bus, You just have to pay extra. I am not sure of the cost, but it would be best for you to contact the bus station to find out. I once brought alot of luggage back from bangkok and had to pay around 600 baht for the luggage which was VERY heavy..