UK: Nurse Lucy Letby guilty of murdering seven babies

Social Media

image.png

Summary

1. Nurse Lucy Letby has been found guilty of murdering seven babies who were being looked after on a neonatal ward
  2. The murders happened at the Countess of Chester Hospital between June 2015 and June 2016
  3. Letby, 33, is the UK's most prolific killer of babies in modern times
  4. She has also been found guilty of attempting to murder another six babies, with the jury undecided on the attempted murder of a further four
  5. She was found not guilty of two counts of attempted murder, and will be sentenced on Monday
  6. The lead consultant at the neonatal unit has told the BBC that hospital bosses failed to investigate allegations against Letby

VIDEO COVERAGE

FULL STORY

BBC-LOGO.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Slip said:

He isn't talking about criminal justice.  He is talking about revenge.

Not even revenge.

Just a miserable, lonely existence knowing everyone around her wants her dead.

However, should someone attack her, I wouldn't be too upset about it.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Not even revenge.

Just a miserable, lonely existence knowing everyone around her wants her dead.

However, should someone attack her, I wouldn't be too upset about it.

It's not for me to decide what form your anticipated revenge would take. Don't get me wrong- I do understand the desire, but I recognise it for what it is.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Slip said:

It's not for me to decide what form your anticipated revenge would take. Don't get me wrong- I do understand the desire, but I recognise it for what it is.

I cannot be seeking revenge.

Revenge : the action of hurting or harming someone in return for an injury or wrong suffered at their hands.

Despite the despicable things this nurse has done, it does not affect me, my life or my family in anyway. There is no need or desire for me to seek revenge.

Likewise, she had been found not guilty, it would not affect me, my life or my family in any way 

Edited by youreavinalaff

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

I cannot be seeking revenge.

Despite the despicable things this nurse has done, it does not affect me, my life or my family in anyway. There is no need or desire for me to seek revenge.

Likewise, she had been found not guilty, it would not affect me, my life or my family in any way 

Not true.

You can and you are.  Again, I understand it, but when you say "Just a miserable, lonely existence knowing everyone around her wants her dead."  it expresses the desire succinctly.   The justice system is rammed with revenge.  And again I'm not making comment on it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Slip said:

Not true.

You can and you are.  Again, I understand it, but when you say "Just a miserable, lonely existence knowing everyone around her wants her dead."  it expresses the desire succinctly.   The justice system is rammed with revenge.  And again I'm not making comment on it.

Please, don't try to tell me what I'm thinking. I've explained a few times now. 

If you don't agree, scroll on by. Don't try to tell me I'm not telling the truth.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What you are thinking is proxy punishment by prisoners.

I have never suggested such a thing. 

I said if it happens, I wouldn't be upset by it. The same as, if it doesn't happen, I won't be upset by it.

She has committed heinous crimes. She deserves to go to prison. Prisons are volatile environments by nature.

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

Please, don't try to tell me what I'm thinking. I've explained a few times now. 

If you don't agree, scroll on by. Don't try to tell me I'm not telling the truth.

I'm  not telling you what you are thinking.  I'm telling you that your behaviours are on display whether you admit it or not.  As I've said many times, I do understand your feelings about the matter.  On that note, thanks for the conversation but I don't think we'll agree so I'm bowing out.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Slip said:

I'm  not telling you what you are thinking.  I'm telling you that your behaviours are on display whether you admit it or not.  As I've said many times, I do understand your feelings about the matter.  On that note, thanks for the conversation but I don't think we'll agree so I'm bowing out.

That's funny. I hope they give you a refund.

• Sad 3