Choosing a toilet.

FlorC

Bottom hole size is an issue, so check that.

I tested them out, 'sitting on', for height/comfort level, and one I picked was expensive in comparison, to one wife picked for other bathroom.

• Thumbs Up 2

Definitely sit on each of the 50. I would pick the one with the largest aperture and the highest waterline. In the wife's house half of my explosive efforts drop onto and stick on the rear slope of the porcelain. Remedying this in my case involves flushing before use and lots of bum gun use during or after final flushing. 

The only thing I think that would be worse than mine would be a German toilet

spacer.png

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, alien365 said:

I choose toilets that use more water. The water efficient ones just don't seem to work properly. I also consider the shape of the toilet to avoid splashback. Had to change a toilet not so long ago as sitting down on one while weeing caused it to bounce back and wet by balls etc. You need a bit of space up front to avoid this and a deeper gradient. 

the design of a toilet.... is it considered for men that sit to pee ?

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The best ones are the ones that have a good water level and when you flush the water and everything is sucked away so it's empty then fills up.

Not sure how you check the flush instore

Let hotels be your guide. 

Actually should state that in the AC thread, as Mitsubishi seems to be the one of choice, and usually operate quick well when using.

I always take note of good toilets, butt wash, shower heads/heater, ACs.  Not sure if I remember half of it, but enough brands repeated to get a basic idea.

I should have read this before buying 5 Karats for our multi-generation household.  The Karats flush fine but perhaps a little more swirling action to prevent the building up of stains (minerals?)  from the poor quality community water.

https://toiletfound.com/best-flushing-toilet-criteria/

37 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

No, no I don't.

Odd. I can't imagine many men weeing standing up first, sprinkling the seat a bit, then proceeding to turn round and sit down to do the rest of their business. They pull their kegs down, sit and get comfy. 

I read and saw lots of good things about TOTO toilets.

I bought one, I like it.

One issue I don't really care about but which seems to be a major criteria is how much water the toilet uses, The TOTO which I have uses very little water and it does a perfect job with that little water.

Another thing which I check are washlets for toilets. TOTO is also leading in that area. Now I didn't buy a washlet, but I made sure my toilet is ready to install one - just in case I get so old that I want one for convenience.

Another criteria, at least for me, is how to flush the toilet. On the side or on the top. I want the lever on the side so that I can flush when I am still sitting on the toilet.

Washlet%C2%AE+Round+Toilet+Seat+Bidet.jp

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

The best ones are the ones that have a good water level and when you flush the water and everything is sucked away so it's empty then fills up.

That's half of it and the other half relies on the plumbing connected to the toilet outlet.

I used to rent a house in CM years ago that one bathroom's toilet would barely suck down a single piece of 2-ply TP. After the landlord made useless attempts at trying to clear the drain it was later found (after digging up the back of the house) that the drainage pipe had a sharp 90 degree elbow less than a foot from the toilet outlet which restricted the water flow substantially. 

Not only that elbow piece but whoever built the house connected a 2 inch pipe out of the toilet. 

• Haha 1

For the one that suggested sitting on it . Now I don't care what people think of me , but sitting on toilets at global house or homepro , is bit too much !

They are all pretty much the same height . A higher waterline gives more splashback. And you can't test the flush , none are connected ofcourse. 
I haven't been in another hotel since 2012 , so I can't compare. And going like in big c or makro , I never sit down .

It's just that the nicest looking toilets all seem to have that narrows opening at the bottom.

Obviously I want a one piece with conceiled trapway with a soft close lit. They are beautiful and easier to clean.
I don't understand how it is fixed to the floor , or how the drain pipe is connected , without leaking.

1 minute ago, FlorC said:

^ Good link but you can't buy a toilet online , or rather choose one without seeing for real.

This cute one at GH , not even expensive , but with narrow opening.

image.jpeg

As you are concerned about your bum placement, I wouldn't even consider buying on-line. go to Dohome, make a day out of it.....????

• Thumbs Up 1